All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 724 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.73
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:20 am 

Quote:
@Valiant:
For now I'm going to assume that you are having driver issues, unless I get more similar reports. Please answer my questions about the sound card, at this moment I cannot do much with it but if more people complain about the same thing I can see if they are using the same sound card.

Workaround (actually better anyway): Use ASIO!

Since you only had one occurrence of this problem (which also magically disappeared - could there have been some Windows update that you haven't noticed? Since you wrote that multiple reboots didn't help but the next day it was suddenly working again) the fact that older versions ran fine doesn't mean much... if you can reproduce this issue and it doesn't happen in older releases it's getting more likely that something is wrong in version 7.73.
@HVZ, Yes Windows 10 did several updates the night I had problems which may have resolved the crash problem. Yes, there may be an audio driver problem on my system although I didn't notice until I installed the ASIO4ALL, as you recommended. I've been fighting with it since I installed it. First day I got no sound out of it, I've modified the VAC, checked every possible switch to make it work, and finally got sound out of it today. Now weird thing is, I can only use the ASIO only if a program, Foobar, Winamp, etc... is running first before I switch over to it in ST. I didn't have any of these problems in Windows 7 so I must blame it on Windows 10.
My sound card is built into the MB, an Intel DX58S0.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:23 am 

Hi HVZ,

I just wanted to chime in here and say thanks for the great work.

Congrats on a great release in the 7.7x stream.

We've always struggled with getting all the options working and with the new release stream CPU usage is less than 50% average even with all our options enabled.

Sound quality is excellent.

Very happy to be looking at ST again. We have it running on a 1kW FM test site at the moment with modified Orban 8600 MX preset.

Well done.

BeDazzler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:23 pm 

I found proper conditions for this problem to occur:

Factory reset, enable multiband, set it to 3 bands (default frequencies), set highest band to 24 kHz (maximum), create a profile with these settings;

:!: It's necessary to play music while switching profiles, otherwise the glitch won't happen! :!:

Now have a look at the graph of the bands and click the created profile over and over again (or switch between this one and any other one), maybe 10 to 20 times. At some point you'll see the highest band changing (here to 16286 Hz).

Funny thing I always trigger so weird bugs no one else seems to encounter. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I found proper conditions for this problem to occur:

Factory reset, enable multiband, set it to 3 bands (default frequencies), set highest band to 24 kHz (maximum), create a profile with these settings;

:!: It's necessary to play music while switching profiles, otherwise the glitch won't happen! :!:

Now have a look at the graph of the bands and click the created profile over and over again (or switch between this one and any other one), maybe 10 to 20 times. At some point you'll see the highest band changing (here to 16286 Hz).

Funny thing I always trigger so weird bugs no one else seems to encounter. :lol:
Just managed to reproduce this! I'm seeing the same frequency. Looks like the default settings are calculated using wrong values and they also overrule what's in the file. Looking into it...

Edit: Pfew, that was a difficult one! I think that it's fixed now (at least I've been unable to reproduce it with dozens of tries).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:22 pm 

Did you found the reason why Pre-emphasis still enabled in Normal output, when FM output is disabled ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Did you found the reason why Pre-emphasis still enabled in Normal output, when FM output is disabled ?
That's actually a wrong design from the early days of Stereo Tool when it was only a Winamp plugin. I should probably change the behavior...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:06 am 
Site Admin

In case anyone is wondering why it's so quiet, last Friday I received a Raspberry Pi 2 and I'm playing with it :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:51 am 

WOw, what`s next ? Stereo Tool for Smartphones ? :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:30 am 

Quote:
Quote:
That's actually a wrong design from the early days of Stereo Tool when it was only a Winamp plugin. I should probably change the behavior...
But that was already fixed in 7.74 beta 1, correct?
Quote:
In case anyone is wondering why it's so quiet, last Friday I received a Raspberry Pi 2 and I'm playing with it :)
Have fun! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 am 

And ?

Do you think it could be used for your purpose ?
Debian with VLC ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 724 Next