All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 4144 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

BETA751-030 - Finished adding presets!

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 51-030.exe
Winamp/DSP plugin: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 51-030.exe
VST plugin: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 51-030.dll
Command line: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 51-030.exe

CHANGES:
Reorganized preset order.

QUESTION: If there are presets here that should be removed, please let me know. Also if I should order them differently. I know people have asked for more info about presets, I cannot add that now but it's still on my todo list...

TO DO:
- Check preset CPU loads, and fix those that are very heavy (some have Composite Clipper Strictness set to 20 for example, which causes the CPU load to be extremely high, with very little if any benefit to the sound)
- Highpass filter does not work if DC POST filtering is disabled! Caused in 027, 026 was still ok.
- Fix several NAN issues
- Fix NAN issue causing silence in ACR Stereo
- Exception in: GUI Event Handler (Exception 0xc0000005 at address 0xf5f5b8, read/write=1, r/w location=0x0). Offset-info: 0xeb0c84. Reported by Fario and 2Sense. Unfortunately the crash occurs in a function called __intel_memset and I cannot see where it's called from. (Well, the GUI obviously...)
- Improve web interface further. -> Postpone, can be done together with hardware GUI development. (very soon, among others preset selection)

OLDER:
Added separate FM and AM lowpass frequency setting; stream output uses a different frequency than FM/AM.
Added separate volume for 1st and 2nd MPX output.
Added Multiband Pre-Limiter. Protects clipper against volume effects (pumping) and distortion.
Added Bass Boost "Drive" slider for better control.
CPU load: Added faster processing paths for SSE3, SSE4.1/2, AXV and AVX2.
CPU load: Optimized Delossifier.
CPU load: Optimized Stokkemask (CPU load reduced by around 70%).
Delossifier: Disabled at low latencies and monitoring output (adds latency, makes no sense in lower latency modes).
Compressor/Limiters: Moved limiter before compressor. Slows down the attack speed when limiting, giving a more stable sound.
Limiters: Solved distortion when limiting bass sounds.
Limiters: Default "Limiter Distortion" values changed. Range increased downwards from 1.0% to 0.2%.
Advanced Clipper: Stokkemask: Redesigned to have less impact on the audio.
Advanced Clipper: Made highs clipping level configurable.
Advanced Clipper: FM Multipath protection: Improved the behavior, effect is much bigger now.
Web interface improved (scales to screen size, many widgets added).
GUI: Simplified tilt correction. Only one slider left.
GUI: Added CPU load display (as text) to the CPU load sliders.
GUI: FM: Add volume meters which show MPX and Left/Right above 100% modulation
GUI: Added warning that it's better to use ASIO and setting the sample rate correctly in Windows.
GUI: Changed band steepness minimum values for Multiband/Natural Dynamics from 6 to 3 dB/octave.
Code improvement: Assigned unique ID's to built-in presets, to make it easier to add, remove and shuffle presets.
Bug fix: Potential audio drop in FM output with Tilt correction enabled solved.
Bug fix: Single-channel file in plugin version caused crashes when using the composite clipper.
Bug fix: GUI: Tilt calibration was reset when loading a preset, removed.
Bug fix: RDS ClockTime summer time mode on 64 bit OS's fixed.
Bug fix: Stokkemask "Skip Smoothing" mode didn't work properly.
Bug fix: Bug that caused sliders and top menu to stop working fixed.
Bug fix: Calculation of FM MPX left/right peaks was wrong when using Composite Limiter.
Bug fix: MPX Power calculation was wrong after switching to a different sample rate.
Bug fix: Fixed broken GUI display in AM mode when in full-screen
Added new and removed old presets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:09 pm 

Congrats Hans and Happy bday :* :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:29 pm 

Hans, i switch the stokkemask ON to see how much CPU it load and saw it goes to 45% . But i don`t know what it was before ( i remember that it not load that much but may be not remember right ..) , as now it is reduced by 70% like you report.
Just mention it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 pm 

Will you be releasing an VSTx64 version soon? My Audition CC 2014 doesn't accept any x32 anymore (even with jBridge)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:08 pm 

Hi.. hans
DSP Version RDS not working? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi.. hans
DSP Version RDS not working? :roll:
I'm not in my office right now so I cannot check - but it worked fine a few days ago, I think that was beta029. Is this a new problem?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:48 pm 

opss... :oops: no problem, RDS working.after CPU restart.

Thanks Hans :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:11 pm 

Sometimes memory not enough and Windows is unloading or "crashing" some libraries or drivers. I`m having this from time to time and after restart everything is OK. So not a ST issue. May be sound driver not responding right

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Sometimes memory not enough and Windows is unloading or "crashing" some libraries or drivers. I`m having this from time to time and after restart everything is OK. So not a ST issue. May be sound driver not responding right
Are you running lots of things on your system? If you want to reliably use ST you shouldn't do anything else on the pc that does the processing...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:23 pm 

I know that Hans :)

Just mention it. It appears only if lets say a week is not restarted . Yes i`m doing other things on the same machine but it is only tesing one :) I`m not using it for Bcast

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 4144 Next