All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 624 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.73
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:06 am 

Hans I think that you forgot the unrecoverable NAN error when adjusting the ND frequancies. I got exactly the same behavior in both of the multibands. Plus a new one...If I set the stokemask use area slider to zero multiple parts of the processing chain throw exceptions.

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:24 am 

No, he is not forget . He just cannot reproduce it .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Well I forgot about it too. I've put it back in the todo list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans I think that you forgot the unrecoverable NAN error when adjusting the ND frequancies. I got exactly the same behavior in both of the multibands. Plus a new one...If I set the stokemask use area slider to zero multiple parts of the processing chain throw exceptions.
How quickly do you see this? And - I don't think it matters but still - which preset are you using?

If it's easy to reproduce, can you try if it also happens if you disable 'Multicore' mode (under Configuration -> CPU & Latency, Expert mode).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

BETA774-001

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 74-001.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 74-001.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 74-001.dll

CHANGES:
- New feature: Spectral Balance Compensation
- Bug: Winamp plug-in crash: set 'plug-in host latency' to a high value FIXED, was a threading/timing issue
- Bug: Console version: Error: -k: Key <xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyx> is invalid. FIXED but I don't understand why!
- Bug: GUI: If I set the quality slider to 50 or lower with Ignore High Frequencies set lower that 19kHz the FM output meter goes blank FIXED (I hope)
- Bug: Plus a new one...If I set the stokemask use area slider to zero multiple parts of the processing chain throw exceptions. --> I don't see this one but value 0 makes no sense anyway, I've changed the slider so it cannot go below 50% anymore.
- Bug: FM doesn't get turned off anymore when selecting a non-FM preset, this means that pre-emphasis stays enabled among others.
- Password login shows what you type - should show ******
- Bug: UECP PS/RT texts are sent through the Stereo Tool RDS parser, shouldn't be. -> Probably fixed, but I cannot test it (no UECP encoder here).
- Stokkemask Strictness was set to 2 by default, must be 3.
- Bug: 64 bit stand alone Windows crash, exception 0xc0000005, address 0x000000000000339b (WINMMBASE.dll) - might be a Windows 10 or driver problem! (see below, might be a Windows 10 bug or a driver issue) -> Confirmed, it cleaned up after some Windows updates.

TO BE DONE:
- Synchronization kills plug-in outputs!
- Half-way busy with improving the Dequantizer - Done, but make it work again in the normal build and make the effect configurable for the lib build. And make it more configurable (final filter vs. first filter).
- Server: Protect against memory reallocation fails when zooming out of waveform display (one of the few places where I allocate memory after starting).
- Enter license key: Add a 'Get from clipboard' button
- Add AF method B via UECP!
- Fix Thimeo engine
- Make it possible to output lower FM output level in plugin when outputting L/R deemphasized.
- Check Delayed Bass Clipping: Relative sensitivity. Doesn't work according to Bojcha.
- Bug: Hans I think that you forgot the unrecoverable NAN error when adjusting the ND frequancies. I got exactly the same behavior in both of the multibands.
- Bug: Stereo Tool together with JACK Audio, for whatever reason as soon as I activate ASIO in 7.7x, it just quits out and doesnt open up anymore. Note that this even happens when the JACK server isnt even started up. Oh and I use the 64bit version because the 32bit version cant connect to JACK at all, it just says it failed, in the 64bit version at least it used to work fine. (I'm guessing that this is a Jack bug though - will test it here).
- Add a big warning when sound card buffers get too full or too empty about enabling Synchronization.

LATER:
- Bug: Mac: After closing About box, main GUI remains unusable. And it's too small. Suggested fix: Disable for now, make a better About box later. Should be part of the planned Mac native GUI design.
- Bug: Mac: If you click the Help Button it will close Reaper. Not sure if this is supposed to happen. Also the Help-URL is not existing. Also part of the planned Mac native GUI design.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm 

Problem with green indicators fixed !

But Preemphasis still enabled when FM output is disabled . Menu for selecting signal still greyed out too.

And just an opinion : This 100Hz lowpass "thingy" that you said is on purpose because of 0.02 db clipper increase, i think it`s not necessary. Or at least to be "switch"-able ON and OFF.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:06 pm 

Just fast check of this: "- Bug: UECP PS/RT texts are sent through the Stereo Tool RDS parser, shouldn't be. -> Probably fixed, but I cannot test it (no UECP encoder here)." This seems like to work. I get : in the PS screen. Also RT works better.
Are there more functions imported in Stereo Tool, or are PS and RT the only ones? I am thinking about PTY and TP/TA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

PTY, TA/TP, AF, Stereo, PI, basically all the standard stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:31 am 

Hans, I think you have something with your Spectral Balance function. Not sure which MB fits best, but I like what I'm hearing, and look forward to seeing what it will do.

I tend to like a more-understated processor. I want it to be there but not be too obtrusive. In that sense, I'm finding your "analog pleasure big FM" a good starting point, with a bit more release time in the first MB for my taste.

Very nice!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 pm 

Another bug in 7.73 I just found:

Switched several times between two of my presets, both using the old digital multiband. While most of the time everything's fine maybe 1 out of 10 times the bands are screwed up having completely wrong center frequencies. They can recover by switching again until it happens the next time. :(

Maybe there's even a relation to this post. It seems preset switching isn't reliable.

EDIT : Further testing showed that it is even sufficient to just click one preset over and over again. No need to switch between two or more.

Last edited by \_/ on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 624 Next