All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 524 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.73
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
ok so I found the problem, I use Stereo Tool together with JACK Audio, for whatever reason as soon as I activate ASIO in 7.7x, it just quits out and doesnt open up anymore. Note that this even happens when the JACK server isnt even started up. Oh and I use the 64bit version because the 32bit version cant connect to JACK at all, it just says it failed, in the 64bit version at least it used to work fine.
I haven't used Jack on Windows yet, do you mean that you select Jack as the ASIO device in Stereo Tool and then it quits?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:07 pm 

Quote:
Confirmed "Quality" bug and green indicators - below 50% they disappear , above 70% they again OK.
Please try to move the ingore high freqs arround 19khz and you will get the meters to lock up.

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
In the command line version 7.73 my license key doesn't work.
I get the mesage: Error: -k: Key <xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyx> is invalid.

I have checked a early version 7.50 and there my key is registered.
Can you send me your key (in a PM or mail)? I've just tried it here and it works fine on the keys that I tried.

Edit: Never mind, I found your key and it also doesn't work here. Will check it.
It works again now, but I have no idea why it didn't before... Tech info: I was using the argv[] argument directly to check the key, now I copy it first. Before something went wrong after 64 characters, which might explain why the other keys that I tested which were shorter didn't cause problems.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:12 pm 

Quote:
I haven't used Jack on Windows yet, do you mean that you select Jack as the ASIO device in Stereo Tool and then it quits?
exactly, I see a short windows error report thing that its not working but like half a second later that window and Stereo Tool are just gone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Confirmed "Quality" bug and green indicators - below 50% they disappear , above 70% they again OK.
Please try to move the ingore high freqs arround 19khz and you will get the meters to lock up.
Confirmed here. Will look into it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:18 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I see lock up. I see that Levels meters(output) also diappears the green meters . Only light green remains.

But i found that if you raise up the "ignore" slider , Meters are getting appear before 70%
Example : If you have 19000 Hz of Ignore , meters appears at 51%
If you have 16200 of Ignore , they apperas at 70%.

there is some connection between these two.

Last edited by DJ-DOGGY on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:25 pm 

Just testing to send UECP data. It works great, but I see there is something wrong when I send : in a PS text. For example Nu: gives a empty PS text. Nu:blabla gives only blabla. When I remove the : it gives Nu. The same thing happens in RT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 pm 

Hans, when you get a chance, would you consider reworking the password window so it doesn't show your entry when you log in? The function is fine, but I'd prefer not to have the password show in the clear, especially if I'm logging in by remote.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello bug found in GUI . If I set the quality slider to 50 or lower with Ignore High Frequencies set lower that 19kHz the FM output meter goes blank . (the two green ones in the far right).

Not that important bug but it's a bug..

Thanks Hans.
I found the cause and I think that I have fixed it (it works fine now as far as I can see, but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that affect it - in some it would have been ok before as well).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Post to keep track of reported bugs and changes:

- New feature: Spectral Balance Compensation
- Bug: Winamp plug-in crash: set 'plug-in host latency' to a high value FIXED, was a threading/timing issue
- Bug: Console version: Error: -k: Key <xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyx> is invalid. FIXED but I don't understand why!
- Bug: GUI: If I set the quality slider to 50 or lower with Ignore High Frequencies set lower that 19kHz the FM output meter goes blank FIXED (I hope)
- Bug: Plus a new one...If I set the stokemask use area slider to zero multiple parts of the processing chain throw exceptions. --> I don't see this one but value 0 makes no sense anyway, I've changed the slider so it cannot go below 50% anymore.
- Bug: FM doesn't get turned off anymore when selecting a non-FM preset, this means that pre-emphasis stays enabled among others.
- Password login shows what you type - should show ******
- Bug: UECP PS/RT texts are sent through the Stereo Tool RDS parser, shouldn't be. -> Probably fixed, but I cannot test it (no UECP encoder here).
- Stokkemask Strictness was set to 2 by default, must be 3.
- Half-way busy with improving the Dequantizer
- Bug: Hans I think that you forgot the unrecoverable NAN error when adjusting the ND frequancies. I got exactly the same behavior in both of the multibands.

- Bug: Stereo Tool together with JACK Audio, for whatever reason as soon as I activate ASIO in 7.7x, it just quits out and doesnt open up anymore. Note that this even happens when the JACK server isnt even started up. Oh and I use the 64bit version because the 32bit version cant connect to JACK at all, it just says it failed, in the 64bit version at least it used to work fine. (I'm guessing that this is a Jack bug though).
- Bug: 64 bit stand alone Windows crash, exception 0xc0000005, address 0x000000000000339b (WINMMBASE.dll) - might be a Windows 10 or driver problem! (see below, might be a Windows 10 bug or a driver issue)
- Bug: Mac: After closing About box, main GUI remains unusable. And it's too small. Suggested fix: Disable for now, make a better About box later. Should be part of the planned Mac native GUI design.
- Bug: Mac: If you click the Help Button it will close Reaper. Not sure if this is supposed to happen. Also the Help-URL is not existing. Also part of the planned Mac native GUI design.
- I am seeing weird jumps in the GUI on my laptop. Only in Debug mode. Edit: Also in older versions (just tested 7.70 and 7.71) where I know I didn't see them before, and they also happen in non-Stereo Tool windows when they happen in Stereo Tool. So it could be a driver issue. I know that there are some recently installed Windows updates but for some reason they aren't listed so I cannot see what changed. Check if I'm calling it from multiple threads - if so, fix, if not, ignore. -> Not the case, so ignoring. Edit: Today on a monitor instead of the laptop screen it's not happening!

@Valiant:
Your logs show the following:

- Stereo Tool crashed inside WINMMBASE.dll. This must mean that you were using non-ASIO (Windows MultiMedia Engine, WinMM) access to sound cards, is that correct? In the past, I have seen WinMM errors and even blue screens caused by sound card drivers (among others I have seen BSOD's and hangups with an older ESI Juli@ driver, the latest drivers are fine though). Which sound card are you using?

- You also sent me the log of the Orban VUmeter crash, and that crashed inside an NVidia driver (nvwgf2um.dll)

For now I'm going to assume that you are having driver issues, unless I get more similar reports. Please answer my questions about the sound card, at this moment I cannot do much with it but if more people complain about the same thing I can see if they are using the same sound card.

Workaround (actually better anyway): Use ASIO!

Since you only had one occurrence of this problem (which also magically disappeared - could there have been some Windows update that you haven't noticed? Since you wrote that multiple reboots didn't help but the next day it was suddenly working again) the fact that older versions ran fine doesn't mean much... if you can reproduce this issue and it doesn't happen in older releases it's getting more likely that something is wrong in version 7.73.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 524 Next