All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1571 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:41 pm 

Quote:
Greetings on this thread also and many Kudoz for this magic software!

So, I tried to use the latest 10.02 Beta (and 10.0.1 earlier) and unfortunately the output of the sound was filled with crackling noises. My setup currently is this :

Jazzler --> VAC Input --> StereoTool --> Stream with the build-in engine or with RadioCaster.

At first I got scared and rolled back - most settings seemed to have been loaded properly which meant the preset was ok. Today, I tried again and I still got the crackling sound.
Finally I spotted that the culprit (in my case) was that for some reason ST had selected for my Input Kernel Streaming/ VAC - B Output . Theoretically Kernel/Wasapi/Mme should all be working correctly, but only MME seems to be working.

Red for Crackling, Green for sweet sweet sound!

ST.jpg
I seem to recall having a similar issue at some point. Can you try and change settings in the Overrule I/O block size? (Try 'via suggested' etc.?)
Using the new GUI, you should find this under 'More input sound card settings..'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

BETA035 is available. All builds are now converted to the new GUI and the new I/O framework (the latter except for those using Jack). In the new GUI, we have added persistent displays for CPU usage, buffer filling and RDS. The sizing of the meter bar is also improved. Let us know if you miss anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:16 pm 

Quote:

I don't get pre-emphasized audio if I do this. Tested with BETA034 but that shouldn't matter.
I retested it with Beta 031 and Beta 035. Until you open the VST GUI after Start for the first time, the Plugins Output is preemphasized. I'll send you my Settings in a PM.

And Beta 035 looks a bit weird in my VST Container:
Attachment:
GUI.png
GUI.png [ 17.17 KiB | Viewed 1082 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:19 pm 

Quote:
BETA035 is available. All builds are now converted to the new GUI and the new I/O framework (the latter except for those using Jack). In the new GUI, we have added persistent displays for CPU usage, buffer filling and RDS. The sizing of the meter bar is also improved. Let us know if you miss anything.
Please don't forget to release an updated declipper plugin/vst soon..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

I don't get pre-emphasized audio if I do this. Tested with BETA034 but that shouldn't matter.
I retested it with Beta 031 and Beta 035. Until you open the VST GUI after Start for the first time, the Plugins Output is preemphasized. I'll send you my Settings in a PM.

GUI.png
Ok, thanks. And which container is that??? I have no idea how that can happen, unless the DPI size that we're reading is utterly wrong...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 pm 

Quote:
Ok, thanks. And which container is that??? I have no idea how that can happen, unless the DPI size that we're reading is utterly wrong...
This is from the swiss broadcast automation DABiS800, Studio Controller 8.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:04 pm 

Quote:
Hi dR_wH0,

So did the old version sound fine with Kernel Streaming? The selection should be the same. What changed is that we moved to a new I/O framework.
Sorry for taking so long to reply!

Yes in the 9.92 version both the Kernel Streaming and the MME work flawlessly!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:08 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi dR_wH0,

So did the old version sound fine with Kernel Streaming? The selection should be the same. What changed is that we moved to a new I/O framework.
Sorry for taking so long to reply!

Yes in the 9.92 version both the Kernel Streaming and the MME work flawlessly!
But wasapi for output dont.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:09 pm 

Quote:
I seem to recall having a similar issue at some point. Can you try and change settings in the Overrule I/O block size? (Try 'via suggested' etc.?)
Using the new GUI, you should find this under 'More input sound card settings..'
Gonna have to give that a try! Thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

GUI.png
I found the cause for both issues.
The GUI issue is caused by the fact that "Zoom" (which is a parameter) is set to 0. That looks like a bug in your VST host that sets unknown (?) parameters to 0. I've added protection against it; if it's set to 0 we're ignoring the setting.

The audio issue: I thought I had fixed it, but I'm looking at certain parameters to see if they are enabled, and the enabled state also doesn't get updated if the GUI isn't visible. Will look into how to fix that today.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1571 Next