All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:42 pm 

Quote:
There are issues with the Pi 5 HifiBerry drivers. But, are you getting audio for those 10 minutes? If so, which exact sound card do you have?
I am not using a soundcard, I am using the AOIP Livewire as my input, it works before the reboot loop starts.

A question I have is, if Livewire doesn't work then which Hifiberry card has INPUTs that are balanced audio (pro) XLR?

I would use uMPX to send to uMPX decoder at site.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

I assume you're using Stereo Tool? AOIP should work. I have heard from others that there might be sudden-reboot issues with the latest Raspbian version, so it might be an OS issue. I don't know at this point...

Either that, or Stereo Tool might be crashing. I'll check tomorrow how you can check for that (they image reboots if the software crashes, so that's also definitely a possibility).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:56 am 

Quote:
I assume you're using Stereo Tool? AOIP should work. I have heard from others that there might be sudden-reboot issues with the latest Raspbian version, so it might be an OS issue. I don't know at this point...

Either that, or Stereo Tool might be crashing. I'll check tomorrow how you can check for that (they image reboots if the software crashes, so that's also definitely a possibility).
Yes, Stereotool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:45 am 

Any luck with finding why the sudden reboots on PI 5, I have tried to use my PI with your image and Ubuntu but each has its own issues.

Ubuntu will work until I try to add a second NIC then I cannot get the standalone version to run.

The Thimeo PI Image will work but goes into reboot loops after configuring a Static IP.

On both of my attempts, I am using a PI 5 8Gig, with Livewire input audio and uMPX as the send method to TX.

Any ideas?

Greg