All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3571 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

BETA055 is posted. I've split the Jack/ALSA code again (deciding which to use based on the file name; if it contains "jack" we use Jack). We'll try to make something better next week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:44 pm 

From my point of view there is no need to have a mixed ALSA / Jack environment. If you have Jack up & running, you can add any additional sound card by starting alsa bridges or switch over to Pipewire.

Do you have statistics how many setups use ALSA only? I would expect most Linux setups to use Jack.

Or rething completely and go with Pipewire and make Stereotool a pulseaudio client.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:29 pm 

Quote:
From my point of view there is no need to have a mixed ALSA / Jack environment. If you have Jack up & running, you can add any additional sound card by starting alsa bridges or switch over to Pipewire.

Do you have statistics how many setups use ALSA only? I would expect most Linux setups to use Jack.

Or rething completely and go with Pipewire and make Stereotool a pulseaudio client.
I still use ALSA purely because I could never get jack to work correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

@Hitman: I can confirm that I have an issue with setting Jack > 48 kHz on my Linux system (on Windows it works fine, so it cannot really be something in our code). I just went back to an older version (9.92 release) it does the same thing, so I think this is a Jack issue, not a Stereo Tool issue. Can you check if you also have the same issue with older versions? In both cases, the jackd-logging states that it's running at those higher sample rates.

I have not yet checked what it does with a HifiBerry, the older version definitely did run at 192 but I have to change some cables here to verify that it still does - it does handle any other frequencies so I don't expect it to be any different.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:42 pm 

I've updated to beta55 and the webserver seems to be working how I would expect as long as I run the application as my user. Is that the suggested best practices? Or should I run it as root (web server doesn't work)?

I have a minor bug report of how "µMPX" is rendered as µMPX (A with circumflex). I see this in the native application (Running on Ubuntu 22.04, and setup for English (US)) as well as the web interface on Windows10/Chrome, computer is setup for English(US). Screenshot of web interface attached.

Attachments:
stereotoolbug.png
stereotoolbug.png [ 94.07 KiB | Viewed 840 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:25 am 

Quote:
I still use ALSA purely because I could never get jack to work correctly.
Then PipeWire might be a welcome new solution. Is going to replace PulseAudio et al. on newer Ubuntus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:18 pm 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -28-21.mp4
My Win10 system is set at 125% scale because of my monitor size so when using STx64 VST3 in Audition, I have to tap or slightly move/pull the right side of the window to make it resize the content correctly. It doesn't do this if I change Win10 back to 100% scale but this occurs at anything above that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -28-21.mp4
My Win10 system is set at 125% scale because of my monitor size so when using STx64 VST3 in Audition, I have to tap or slightly move/pull the right side of the window to make it resize the content correctly. It doesn't do this if I change Win10 back to 100% scale but this occurs at anything above that.
Hm... Shouldn't there be some buttons in Audition itself, to apply settings on a file for example?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:33 pm 

Quote:

They are looking into integrating our plugin version instead of the command line version. Keep an eye on that link for any progress.

Nice! When the fix is out, do you know which version of StereoTool this will work with? Alsa or Jack version?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:35 pm 

Quote:

Cool, got 055, had to replace the number. I guess these just won't show up in the beta updates post, maybe too few people use them or am I missing the links?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3571 Next