All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1126 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:15 am 

Quote:
I would never use USB...
So you'd use 3.5 mm maybe? That ads unwanted effects like electrical hum sometimes. Technically my receiver uses a 3.5 mm jack and so does the transmitter, but no hum exists-I assume it's because the receiver doesn't use that much power. There is a local radio station on FM in my area, I don't know what they use but they have a ton of electrical hum on-air.
Another thing some computer built-in sound cards add extra processing. Some USB cards properly support 192 KHZ for stuff like RDS, and my computer's 3.5 mm jack is on it's last legs, the sound sometimes crackles or volume drops when using the jack on the computer. Just didn't know USB sound cards were a problem. But when I used a USB card with a 3.5 mm jack, it never would lose connection or unplug itself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
By the way, I'm using Stereo Tool on a PC running Windows 7, with 2 outputs. One going to Virtual Audio Cable and then to the streaming program. The other output goes to the USB Bluetooth card, which was connected to a Bluetooth receiver upstairs; that receiver is plugged into an FM block-wide transmitter. I unplugged everything upstairs on Friday, and yesterday the mess of jumbled echoey audio on the streaming started.
I've only had that audio mess once before, and that was when the Bluetooth receiver was shut off for a few minutes. When I restarted Stereo Tool, everything worked again that 1st time. Maybe Stereo Tool just isn't good with Bluetooth peripherals.
I'll be able to fix it when I get back to the broadcast's location, but ST should automatically detect these problems or at the very least restart and refresh itself once a day or so if the user wants it IMO.
Do you have a recording? I don't know what could be causing echo-y sounds, unless both outputs are playing to the streaming output now. You can test that by changing the level of both outputs separately and see if that affects anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm 

FYI about ST on Ubuntu 22.04....
Quote:
./stereo_tool_jack_gui_64_BETA992-014
Thimeo Stereo Tool 9.92 BETA014 (for Linux with Jack) (C) Thimeo Audio Technology, 2001-2022
jack_client_new: deprecated
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
jack_client_new() is deprecated. jack_client_open() appears to be the preferred option these days.

https://jackaudio.org/api/group__ClientFunctions.html

----------------

Update. ST BETA992-011 loads without the segmentation fault regardless of the jack_client_new() deprecation warning, so it must be something else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:28 pm 

Here's a clip, HVZ.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkvn4fl5z4ajc ... 0.mp3?dl=1

I just fixed it, only had to restart Stereo Tool. I didn't change any settings, and now the output devices are set correctly once again. An auto-restart feature maybe in the middle of the night, might be useful later on. But I suppose not unplugging anything in the future will prevent it from happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:32 pm 

hello Hans
i,m using the latest beta 9.92 beta 0.14 in stadalone 64 windows 10
without to have unregister functions i receive the voice message ...by the way i had the same problem and with the previous beta version 0.13...can you check this?
thanks'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
hello Hans
i,m using the latest beta 9.92 beta 0.14 in stadalone 64 windows 10
without to have unregister functions i receive the voice message ...by the way i had the same problem and with the previous beta version 0.13...can you check this?
thanks'
Sure! Just in case, can you PM me your ini file? It's usually in C:\Users\username\stereo_tool.ini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:15 am 
Site Admin

BETA017 is posted! There's now a (not yet tested!) Apple silicon (M1/M2) version (for Stereo Tool and ST-Enterprise, not yet for WatchCat). And lots of ST-Enterprise improvements. And we'll soon have a multi-instance STXtreme version as well, but we need to implement things like licensing first.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Here's a clip, HVZ.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkvn4fl5z4ajc ... 0.mp3?dl=1

I just fixed it, only had to restart Stereo Tool. I didn't change any settings, and now the output devices are set correctly once again. An auto-restart feature maybe in the middle of the night, might be useful later on. But I suppose not unplugging anything in the future will prevent it from happening.
W00t. That sounds like the output is feeding back to the input. But the sound is changing as well, so there also seems to be new audio coming in. I really can't explain this one... It might be something in Windows, or Stereo Tool may have tried to re-open the sound card after it lost an input. (In the latter case you should at least have an warning on your screen).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:39 am 

I'm using the web interface remember?
TBH I'm still on the old GUI version as that offers more control in the lows, mids, presence, and highs sections as well as the attack/release speeds.
But the new GUI can show the errors in the web interface, so I can report back once I upgrade.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:22 pm 

Quote:
I'm using the web interface remember?
TBH I'm still on the old GUI version as that offers more control in the lows, mids, presence, and highs sections as well as the attack/release speeds.
But the new GUI can show the errors in the web interface, so I can report back once I upgrade.
What exactly does the old GUI offer that the new GUI doesn't? Isn't all this just under the Quick-Adjust Texture cell once you expand it? The limits are -6 to +6 db, is this too constrained for your requirements?

AFAIK the rest of Quick-Adjust is under Texture and Loudness once expanded. The Deep Bass Synthesis section is the only section with different range limits, as far as I can tell.

If it's not right, post the issue in the new GUI thread until it's addressed. And if it's still not plausible, then it's time to brainstorm a new solution. Remember the Processing Overview popup is not set in stone and they're looking for more input as to what it should include.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1126 Next