All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 920 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:13 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure what you mean? Mono Bass is there now for streaming out as well. Disabling Multipath for non-FM is a good one indeed.
Both multipath and Mono bass does not work for HD in beta015.
There are now 2 Mono Bass settings, one for Multipath (which works for FM) and one for streaming.
Didn't saw it, din't even know there is 2 now. Found it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:52 pm 

Yup, it's there, but you'll have to enable it manually if you upgrade from an older version of Stereo Tool. I can make that automatic.. Not sure how much sense that makes because I think most people don't want to make the bass mono for streaming, even if they do for FM. (?)
[/quote]

Thank you for keeping make the bass mono for streaming feature. to be honest i was worried about losing that feature, I use it all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:40 am 

Ran into this error after doing a factory reset on the DSP version of 9.84 Beta 15. I loaded Bojcha's latest StudioHD preset and clicked the button in License to disable all unpaid add-ons. This is inside Station Playlist on Windows 10.
Attachment:
stereotool-error.png
stereotool-error.png [ 23.4 KiB | Viewed 2455 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

BETA016 is available. Aside from a lot of code rewrites for the Enterprise version (which aren't relevant for other versions), the most important new feature is the "Bass Exciter". This new filter adds upper harmonics to bass, like Immersive Bass does, but the result is far cleaner than that of IB which quickly starts to sound 'crunchy' when you use it for higher frequencies, so you can use it for much higher frequencies. Also, it adds the possibility to a 3rd harmonic as well, which (together with the 2nd harmonic) makes the bass sound much more powerful. This filter works best with the Quality slider set (close to) 150%. The default settings make it work upto 5000 Hz for the 2nd harmonic, which adds some sparkle to voices. This filter uses a lot of CPU, especially when it works upto higher frequencies, so if you run into issues with that, lower that 5000 Hz value.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:27 pm 

It does not affect the sound but i just leave it here.
Btw about sound: overall it seems sound more clear if compare with 9.83

Attachments:
st1.png
st1.png [ 13.21 KiB | Viewed 2193 times ]
st0.png
st0.png [ 14.43 KiB | Viewed 2193 times ]
st.png
st.png [ 12.27 KiB | Viewed 2193 times ]

Last edited by AMajor on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:13 pm 

Nice! Looking forward to learning the new bass exciter. It should be noted for those looking to enhance the effect further, the deep bass synthesis slider appears to affect its drive(??). However, it doesn't disable with true bass, so now I'm not sure.

Also it kinda needs a 4096 sample size. 1024 is far too low, and 2048 is better, but still not perfect.

Thanks!

Last edited by MrKlorox on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:36 pm 

This Bass Exciter works in one-way phase, wich also can be inverted, but that so unlogical to me.

While one phase is 'exited' other is un-excited. Atleast it should be unchanged. Bass clippers and clippers in rest of processing already makes this un-excited bass so it will be even worse for one of phase atleast.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:27 pm 

Quote:
Fixed issue with wrong cleanup filter level after Multibands with very big < 0 Density slider values. Affected some built-in presets a bit as well.
Hm, the preset I sent you still has a significant increase in loudness across the entire spectrum when enabling Sub Bass Boost, regardless of boost settings. Beta 16 VST 32bit. There must be something else still happening.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ran into this error after doing a factory reset on the DSP version of 9.84 Beta 15. I loaded Bojcha's latest StudioHD preset and clicked the button in License to disable all unpaid add-ons. This is inside Station Playlist on Windows 10.

stereotool-error.png
Solved!

Quote:
It does not affect the sound but i just leave it here.
Btw about sound: overall it seems sound more clear if compare with 9.83
I think I have fixed this one too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
This Bass Exciter works in one-way phase, wich also can be inverted, but that so unlogical to me.

While one phase is 'exited' other is un-excited. Atleast it should be unchanged. Bass clippers and clippers in rest of processing already makes this un-excited bass so it will be even worse for one of phase atleast.

That's not really how this works. But, I have just checked what happens if I just tilt the phase a bit and then the waveform is mostly symmetrical again, which is indeed much better. So I'll add that - for the 2nd harmonic only, probably.

Edit: The 3rd harmonic looks best if it's inverted (that makes the waveform much less spiky), but due to some imperfections in the filtering that removes some low frequency content. I'll see if I can fix that as well, that would really make things better. At -12 dB (the default) it doesn't really matter much - only at levels close to 0 dB it becomes very noticeable - so I' not sure if this will help at all, but it's probably easy to solve so it's worth a try.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 920 Next