All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.80
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:18 pm 

Quote:
...for websites with no human interaction, you should always show the lowest price first as it instills the "upgrades are possible" mindset. I would also HIGHLY recommend putting something on there such as "pay for what you need now, upgrade in the future piece by piece as needs arise"

I personally use the declipper as a VST3 in Reaper a lot on drum or vocal tracks that were recorded too hot and sent by a client, so if ya'll could increase the sample size past 4096 to 8192 or higher for smaller FFT bins on high sample rates, there could be some real benefits there that should be easy to implement!
I agree with all points. Drawing attention to the upgrades separately from showing the checkboxes clarifies things. I've been introducing Stereo Tool as freeware with premium features (I hate the term freemium). I think most people know exactly what that means nowadays thanks to the ubiquity of microtransactions in mobile games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:42 pm 

I'm not throwing shade or anything here: A great example of innovation and technical skill with a lack of polish in marketing can be found here: http://www.curioza.com/

While his website has improved over the years, and the software actually does an incredible job at measuring and resultant mastering if you know what you are doing, the marketing side is greatly lacking. Someone should help this guy out, and definitely check out his software.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not affiliated in any way with this software, I just greatly appreciate the technical skill it takes to make something unique like this!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:39 pm 

Howdy. You probably already have this info, but here anyway: I just now checked the Help section and went right to the True Bass and AGC sections. True Bass was not found, and the images for AGC were down/not correctly linked as well. So I went through the table of contents and came up with 11 pages that were not found.

Should I throw this into a direct message or a new thread or anything? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

There are some things wrong on the documentation pages on the new site, I'm planning to look into that after I get back from my holiday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:49 pm 

Quote:
I'm not throwing shade or anything here: A great example of innovation and technical skill with a lack of polish in marketing can be found here: http://www.curioza.com/

While his website has improved over the years, and the software actually does an incredible job at measuring and resultant mastering if you know what you are doing, the marketing side is greatly lacking. Someone should help this guy out, and definitely check out his software.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not affiliated in any way with this software, I just greatly appreciate the technical skill it takes to make something unique like this!
i do agree with you on some points because i searched for years for signal processing software and couldnt find anything as good as ST but when i first discovered this website using google and searching for "audio processing software", i thought this software was just another piece of stereo enhancing type of software (given by its name) and that really threw me off immediately until a good friend of mine told me what the software really is and what it really does, then i knew this is exactly what i was searching for.
i believe most of the folks who know what ST is and what it does, heard about it from "word of mouth" rather then from the website itself.
the website can certainly fool a non-familiar user, thats for sure.
for me, ST is perfect as it can be completely customized for the knowledgeable user, which is exactly what i needed.

Last edited by EliteData on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:34 pm 

I had heard of this software vaguely described as "the competitors" when looking at, well, a mostly less capable competitor at a similar price point. It took word of the declipper and a search trail before I found ST. I still use the competing software as an I/O shell, however.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 pm 

Hans, I did notice an odd occurence. I don't know if it 's a Declipper issue or a breakawayOne issue. But I had the Declipper VST setup and saved as a profile. I had to reboot the machine and when it came back up it didn't load or retain the settings. The license key was there and some of the basic settings were ok, but declipper wasn't enabled. I loaded the profile and it was ok. Not sure where those settings might be. Again, I'm also not sure if that's a declipper vst issue or a breakawayOne vst issue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 pm 

Quote:
Hans, I did notice an odd occurence. I don't know if it 's a Declipper issue or a breakawayOne issue. But I had the Declipper VST setup and saved as a profile. I had to reboot the machine and when it came back up it didn't load or retain the settings. The license key was there and some of the basic settings were ok, but declipper wasn't enabled. I loaded the profile and it was ok. Not sure where those settings might be. Again, I'm also not sure if that's a declipper vst issue or a breakawayOne vst issue.
This happens with me in Reaper as well. VST2x64 However none of my settings persist, including CPU settings. To clarify, it didn't even keep my license.

Ah ha! I think it's because the declipper plugin still has a file description of "Thimeo Stereo Tool" and that's why many of my copies of declipper betas aren't showing up correctly. It also explains why when I sometimes load an FX chain, it'll randomly load PD instead of ST.