All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:56 pm 

Greetings.

Started using ST a couple months back. Like the OP, I'm using this for my listeneing enjoyment with the same goals.

Can anyone post an update to this profile?

I am trying to learn how to tweek the program to provide the clean sound I want and learn what everything does.

Any advise appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:42 pm 

Try this one:
Attachment:
File comment: Changes made 02 15 2016
Audiophile V1.zip [85.46 KiB]
Downloaded 618 times
list of changes:

1. Operating mode: Extreme Tweaker
2. Processing: Pre-Amplifier changed to -6.00dB. This allows 6dB of headroom so the de-clipped peaks can be rebuilt
3. Dequantizer: - Enabled, input 16-bit, Maximum Reduction x20.00; cranked step size reduction to 99% and Quality / Precision to 100%. This increases bit depth for 24-bit output (probably not noticeable hearing-wise)
4. Natural Dynamics: Enabled Flat band tops
5. Advanced Clipper: Enabled, CPU strictness and medium stop cranked to max; All shortcuts disabled
6. Distortion: Over-sample Highs checked

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:01 pm 

I realize this is old, but still a worthy goal since music producers have not corrected the error or their ways.
Quote:
3. Dequantizer: - Enabled, input 16-bit, Maximum Reduction x20.00...
16 bits is plenty of sound floor. This option says in the documentation it can introduce artifacts. I avoid it.
Quote:
4. Natural Dynamics: Enabled Flat band tops
I tried playing with this for a bit, but I couldn't find a setting that didn't boost 's' sounds in a shrill sort of way. If you have in deed found that, I'll have to try it.
Quote:
5. Advanced Clipper: Enabled, CPU strictness and medium stop cranked to max; All shortcuts disabled
The main problem with music today is that someone thought it was okay to allow clipped signals into the final version. True the average listener doesn't care or notice, but those who can, find it aversive. Stereo Tool has the best declipper I've heard. I think I have found the best settings for me, but the results still need some clean up on most songs, so I feel it would be a disservice to share them.

Right now the best addition to the audiophile sound is probably the Auto EQ. I have to do some more testing, but I picked one of the best sounding songs I have and tuned the Auto EQ so that it stays mostly flat. I'm liking the result it is having on other songs so far.