All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 pm 

Hi there
I have spend a lot of time playing with stereo tool, but I´m not quite satisfied with my results. I used to work with the Orban 8400, and the analog Warsanis processor from The Netherlands, though it´s some years ago now, but the adjustments are much more straightforward on those devices.

I would like some of you stereotool-geeks to create a preset sounding like the good old Warsanis (hoping that some of your remember the sound) ;)

A lot of the presets here, well almost all of them, are in my ears too squassed and distorted and sounds like a low budget Behringer-setup. Sorry guys...

Best regards
radiohenrik, Denmark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:25 pm 

You could always just take an already well-adjusted preset like Bojcha's "Unveil" which you can find in the "FM Radio Stations" column, and just fiddle around with the "mix" controls until you get a sound you like. Keeping in mind, a lot of the sound comes from the FM transmitters themselves. There's a station near me that goes through no audio processing at all (not even an AGC) and it still sounds really good. And the Optimod 8400 was around $11,000 when it was released, so I'd expect it to sound pretty damn good. You can /try/ to create that sound with stereo tool, but nothing beats the real thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:46 pm 

This may be a good starting point.
Basically the Warsanis is a singleband agc with 4 band compressor and clipper, and a final clipper. Pretty simple.
The manual describes all bands so it is pretty easy to adapt to the Stereotool multiband1 acting as compressor, and mulitband2 as multiband clipper. The simple clipper is in the end.
You can play with Band Mix for sound adjustment, and with Drive and Density on the Multibands, just like on the good old Warsanis.

Attachments:
warsanis.sts [105.42 KiB]
Downloaded 329 times

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:12 pm 

I have adjusted the preset to match more of the original 1401FM:

- enabled phase rotator, just like in the real 1401FM

- configured gate freeze on the AGC

- adjusted the leveler, multiband compressor and multiband clipper drive to match the values in the manual

- adjusted the band crossover slopes to 6 dB / oct to match the real warsanis

Play with density, attack and release on the Quick Overview of Multiband 1 to match settings you normally set on the 4 bands using the slow / medium / fast switches on the real 1401FM.

Attachments:
warsanis 1401fm v2.sts [123.2 KiB]
Downloaded 293 times

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:15 pm 

Corrected bandpass center frequencies band 2 and 3

Attachments:
warsanis 1401fm v2a.sts [123.14 KiB]
Downloaded 355 times