All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Starting Point
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm 

Appreciate the kind words...my 60 year old ears are humbled. Thought I'd pass along that Hans has chosen to add this preset to the recent versions of ST under a different name : Bob Hawkins - Loud 'n Clear.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 pm 

My intention was not to humiliate or anything like that (my limited English, can having played against).
The preset, to my taste, only (maybe my ears are my RTA) not hear it flat response. Mainly the mids and highs, mids, are a little high the original.
This also takes away the merit of the presets, because maybe this makes it different and like.
Just try to say that the response is not flat, but I did not want to offend anyone, just my humble opinion.

My apologies. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:01 am 

Quote:
My intention was not to humiliate or anything like that (my limited English, can having played against).
The preset, to my taste, only (maybe my ears are my RTA) not hear it flat response. Mainly the mids and highs, mids, are a little high the original.
This also takes away the merit of the presets, because maybe this makes it different and like.
Just try to say that the response is not flat, but I did not want to offend anyone, just my humble opinion.

My apologies. ;)
No apology required. I don't believe you offended or humiliated anyone. All I was saying was that I am thankful for those who enjoyed my preset. Presets are a very subjective topic...no one preset will sound good to everyone. That's why there are so many to choose from. And the beauty of Stereo Tool is that if you find a preset that is close to what you want to hear, you are free to modify it and in the process, create the preset that you find to be just right. Enjoy the software and thanks for participating in the conversation!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Now I'm just curious: The fact that you are 60 probably means something for how well you can hear very high frequencies? That might explain why you put the mid-highs so loud and the highs a bit lower?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:30 am 

Hi,

I have a question. As the Stereo Tool version changes, does older presets like that become useless?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi,

I have a question. As the Stereo Tool version changes, does older presets like that become useless?
I try to keep changes in sound for older presets to a minimum. Of course, when things change (improve), presets might sound better with some tweaking.