All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 pm 

Hi Folks,

the Sound i want to immulat is this one Click .

After a long while trying to get this Sound by editing lots of existing ST presets i´m close to the edge of desperation. I´ve tried so much combinations... No Loudness just a MBC and AGC, Just Loudness and no Treshhold at the MBC... a.s.o.! Even negative treshhold with Max. Loudness dont reflect the same dynamic and loudness at the same time.
I have figured out that all presets i´ve created at this Loudness level are far to noise instead being clear like this one. Not even the best and loudest presets of Bojcha, Brian and Phoenix coming close to this sound without fatigue my ears over a long tie of listening.

On one hand I know that there is a lot of distortion in that signal when it hits the maximum peak level but on the other hand its not that LOUD when the input signal get lower (quiter parts of a track are quite while the louder parts are maxed out). All in all its a Maximum Peak level with maximum dynamic. Hope you guys have understood what ill trying to say.

Its such a interisting powerfull sound and its freaking me out that i´ve no idea to create it.

It would be so great If someone with a couple of Ideas and fundamental knowladge would help me. I think many people would be happy about having such a great preset in the Next ST Update. ;-)

Hope you guys don´t disapoint me :) i know you can make it !!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:45 pm 

Man, What is this?
Maybe i am not perfect, but when i listen this music even without any processing it's fatigue MY ears in 20 seconds!
With hat specific recording things are way worse.

Are we are talking about same "fatigue" ?

btw that sound is processed by BBP. I can hear that Bass_Clip miles away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:54 pm 

Well i agree, at the moment the input signal seems to be quit to loud. But there are a lot of shows that are processed correctly with huge bass and less distortion. I guess the input is allready processed. Don´t know.
With "fatigue" i mean the harsh highs (very sharp) and mainly the dominating mids which are fall off far too slow (afterhall), guess produced by the treshhold of the MBC in most presets. And exactly that i don´t want. And the Loudness, as you may know, mainly depends on the inputsignal strength. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Hi Folks,
the Sound i want to immulat is this one Click .

On one hand I know that there is a lot of distortion in that signal when it hits the maximum peak level but on the other hand its not that LOUD when the input signal get lower (quiter parts of a track are quite while the louder parts are maxed out). All in all its a Maximum Peak level with maximum dynamic. Hope you guys have understood what ill trying to say.
You can get either a clean and consistent sound or a loud and artifacts induced sound.

IMHO, the link that you supplemented has far more artifacts and has annoyingly loud bass than most ST presets. Definitely not clean and definitely fatiguing to my ears!

Just in case you want to achieve the first signature, use of an multi-band expander is must.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:25 pm 

ok, i guess u get me wrong. I Dont aming a artificial and artifacts incuded sound but just a high dynamic with clear highs and no annoying overall present Mids and as Loud as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 am 

Quote:
btw that sound is processed by BBP. I can hear that Bass_Clip miles away.
:!:
@ Hackepeter
:arrow:
Get Breakaway Live (0.90.96b) trial version and try if you can find a corresponding preset
http://66.147.244.119/~claesson/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=942
(activate the obsolete preset option inside the INI) !
http://66.147.244.119/~claesson/viewtop ... 8235#p8235