All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:31 am 

@Hans

Due to deciding to change direction with my preset development efforts, I'd like to have the difference between "generic user presets" and "web radio stations" more clearly defined.

It was said, by Bojcha (I think), that "generic" was for "free" users, while "web" was for paid users.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. As I look through the presets under "GENERIC", the declipper is enabled for many of them. While the declipper does have a different license, it is not absolutely "free".

Could you please define your intended difference between these two sections? Also, I would like to provide a preset (Purity Control) for GENERIC-ONLY inclusion, and work on a totally different preset for WEB RADIO STATIONS-ONLY. Could you speak to any thoughts you have about the preset developer defining constraints as to which section?

Thanks...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 am 

Still looking for an answer here...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for the delayed response (I don't check this section of the forum every day, basically I go through it each time when I'm about to release a new version - which is now).

The generic presets were originally intended for free users, and users who don't need their audio to be loud. Now since the declipper has a huge impact on quality, I decided to leave it on for presets that contain a declipper - but as you may have noticed, in an unregistered version you'll get a popup within 1 minute asking you if you want to keep using it or turn it off.

So users can just answer that they want to turn it off and then they can keep using the presets without having to make any changes to it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 am 
Site Admin

Addition: Also, in the Generic section, all presets are (approximately) equally loud.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:26 am 

Quote:
Sorry for the delayed response (I don't check this section of the forum every day, basically I go through it each time when I'm about to release a new version - which is now).

The generic presets were originally intended for free users, and users who don't need their audio to be loud. Now since the declipper has a huge impact on quality, I decided to leave it on for presets that contain a declipper - but as you may have noticed, in an unregistered version you'll get a popup within 1 minute asking you if you want to keep using it or turn it off.

So users can just answer that they want to turn it off and then they can keep using the presets without having to make any changes to it.
OK. Makes sense.

About the approximately equally loud, what general RMS level are you looking at, and how much difference between presets is considered acceptable?