All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Euphoria!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:11 pm 

Hello :)

I've modified your preset a bit to make it able for Webradios and, maybe, FM. Here is my log of modifications:

» Removed the ITU-BS.1770 bass compliance.
» Raised the soft limit settings of 15k and 18k bands to 1.69 each.
» Raised stereo boost to 3.00 (strength) and 1.50 (maximum stereo amplification. Also, disabled center bass and activated stereo image processing, raising phase from 1.00 to 1.22. Activated "never reduce below original level".
» In bandpass filter, I've only disabled "Post filter signal to avoid DC offset".
» Raised bass boost to 90%, disabled "Relative to automatically determined peak level".
» Lowered "Lossy compression - output optimization" in the Limiting & Loudness section from 15uS to 10uS.
» Removed declipper to make it able to be used in the free version of Stereo Tool. Of course, the entire settings of declipper you originally made aren't changed, so if you do need to use Declipper and have the paid version, just activate it. :)

All the other stuff remains unchanged.

Here's the changed version of mine of your preset. Hope you enjoy it. :D

Attachments:
File comment: Tested in Stereo Tool 6.30
Corredor.rar [3.91 KiB]
Downloaded 364 times

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 am 

Hi and welcome..
Quote:
» Removed the ITU-BS.1770 bass compliance.
I removed it also but done some other things to compesate a bit.
Quote:
Also, disabled center bass
Center Bass is not ON at all :)
Quote:
» Raised bass boost to 90%, disabled "Relative to automatically determined peak level".
see.. you are one of those who likes strong bass at any cause. and i am trying to find sweet spot there (bit at more bass side) :)
Quote:
» Removed declipper
I agree. In all preset this should be disabled. It's users choice to have it or not. Will be OFF in final preset version.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Uploaded Eu4ria RC2. (first post) Many changes in..

- AGC, 2nd band lead AGC more...
- MB bands changed, also removed band10 and band9 just make crossover at 16kHz to help band8. Also band1 and 2 are almos work togetther but still room for separate attenuation and amplification, Highs also have flat responce now. So for example it will be not chocked on high freq swoosh sounds and also kill other high sounds around it .. etc..
- Main output level should be smarter, mostly because AGC.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:51 pm 

Quote:
Hi and welcome..
Hello, thanks :D
Quote:
see.. you are one of those who likes strong bass at any cause. and i am trying to find sweet spot there (bit at more bass side) :)
Yes I do :) I am also trying to do some changes in order to have a tasty bass. :p
Quote:
Uploaded Eu4ria RC2. (first post) Many changes in..

- AGC, 2nd band ;ead AGC more...
- MB bands changed, also removed band10 and band9 just make crossover at 16kHz to help band8. Also band1 and 2 are almos work togetther but still room for separate attenuation and reduction, Highs also have flat responce now. So for example it will be not chocked on hi freq swoosh sounds ans also kill other high sounds aroind it .. etc..
- Main output level should be smarter, mostly because AGC.
Got to test it in my radio. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:27 pm 

I've already seen your preset, and I liked it very much! :D

Made some changes to your preset in order to make it a little more suitable for webradio or FM. Those changes were:
» Cut the multiplier of Pre-Amp from 20x to 10x
» On Bass Boost, raised boost strenght to 60% and "Maximum boost from 0 up" to 90 Hz
» On Stereo Image, raised stereo boost strenght to 2.00, and activated Stereo Image Processing, raising phase to 1.33.
» On Bandpass Filter, I've only cut a little on the high frequency to 17.640 kHz instead of 18 kHz and raised the filter on the lower frequency from 27 Hz to 31 Hz.
» On Limiting and Loudness, raised Max amplification to 0.5, put the bar between limit and compress more in limit, but close to the middle. I've slightly lowered the multiplier to 1.38 instead of 1.5 in "Final clipper", and reduced Lossy compression to 10uS instead of 15uS.
» On AGC, only raised the target output level to -4.53 dB instead of the 8 and some dB.
» And last but not the least, I've only changed a little in the 21k bands in the equalizer, from -1.03 to +1.03 dB. :)

I tested on RadioBOSS with different types of music - rock, pop, alternative, and house (two songs), from the 90s and the 2000s. All of them sounded absolutely great - they already did with your Euphoria preset, but they're now more suitable to be played in transmissions :)

Hope you like it :D

Attachments:
File comment: 1.4 because I've played around ST and made significant changes like 4 times :p
Corredor v1.4.rar [3.92 KiB]
Downloaded 382 times

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 pm 

I like it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 pm 

- Still don't understand why 'phase'. If you ask me i would remove that filter from ST forever, since it's totally non-professional for realtime processing! Only usage might be for fixing some tracks with bad phase. But, again, not for constant usage!

- Pre-Amp is universaly adjusted! No problems for super compressed 0dB tracks but also fully working AGC with tracks like "Fugees - Killing me softly" ;)

- Singleban compressor is also well tuned! it's on edge to start to make "holes" on some tracks ;)

- Target AGC output level is also tuned well! If you rise or lower it, you are going away from MB "sweet spot"!

- 9th MB EQ band is for a reason on -1.21dB also! Since one band is removed (and that's not actually supported in MB) 9th band starts to "talk" with 7th band! Strange, yes. so.. it much less "talk" when eq for that band is at -1.21. When you set it to +1.21, then you have less output level in band 7 ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 pm 

Quote:
- Still don't understand why 'phase'. If you ask me i would remove that filter from ST forever, since it's totally non-professional for realtime processing! Only usage might be for fixing some tracks with bad phase. But, again, not for constant usage!
to filter you mean, "Azimuth" in Stereo Image? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 pm 

Not Azimuth! but "Stereo Image processing"
Stereo Tool is only processor with "Azimuth" filter, which is only working on bad azimuth tracks. On already good azimuth tracks it's is on "stand by" So, Adequate to be always ON.

"Stereo Image processing" is restoration filter, knows to have some bad effects and it's also fixed filter!
http://i.imgur.com/h4v6C.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:15 am 

Quote:
Not Azimuth! but "Stereo Image processing"
Stereo Tool is only processor with "Azimuth" filter, which is only working on bad azimuth tracks. On already good azimuth tracks it's is on "stand by" So, Adequate to be always ON.

"Stereo Image processing" is restoration filter, knows to have some bad effects and it's also fixed filter!
http://i.imgur.com/h4v6C.png
Oh yeah, that filter never found useful. I also think it should be removed. :)

Edit:

P.S.: Bojcha, leave a comment on my preset for you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 am 

@Bojcha: Adopted your latest version, but with some slight changes.

First I would like to thank you for the excellent preset.

Changes I had to make, because the V-Server my station runs on can not handle them (while I am also running the Declipper):

- Advanced Bass and Advanced Extreme Highs-Protection are switched off (causes the audio to stutter).
- Highs Volume Drop Protection is switched off as well - causes the server to hang

Bass boost: Switched off, because I don't like it
Post Amp: set to -2.04dB; this further prevents distortion from the encoders

Declipper is on, as mentioned above.

Some Questions:

What is the Noise Gate good for in this scenario?
Pre-Emphasis for Lossy Compression: Can you explain, what exactly that does?

Thanks and Cheers,
Mike