All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Euphoria!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 pm 

My previous modification of your preset effectively has some problems I detected. Strangely though, they didn't appear until I restarted ST and RadioBOSS. Or was it my ears? Hmm...

I've been improving the preset in order to make it more suitable for FM radio. After making 5 versions of the preset (Corredor 1.5, 2, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3), stopped in Corredor 2.5 - I've jumped Corredor 2.4 because the main change of this preset turned to be bad for the whole sound, so it didn't pass from the beta stage.

This preset I'm showing now isn't based at all on the presets you've released after Corredor 1.5 - it is based on the same basis that Corredor 1.5 tried to improve. It's a entirely different one, though, as it has several changes. Still based on your preset - that's why I'm posting it here - but followed a different route.

It's a preset that focuses in producing a clean, detailed, stereo-widened sound, while giving the voice a natural proeminence and not consuming much CPU cycles - right now, is using about 25% of CPU on a Pentium E5700 @ 3GHz (dual-core). It gives also a loud sound, but not as louder as some presets I've seen for Stereo Tool. Still, it's very satisfactory, from my point of view. Plus it's punchy where necessary :D

If the music has some noise in it, the Noise Gate function can also be used - that one was also fine-tuned to make dissapear or strongly reduce those noises while not modifying much the original sound signature this preset has. :)

Has some deep changes - for instance, I've changed the entire soft limit values on the multiband compressor, as well as some values of the AGC, bass boost, pre and post amp, azimuth and limiting and loudness. Bandpass filter was almost entirely changed.

But enough of text - hear for yourselves and tell me what you think about this one. :)

PS - You can hear how preset sounds live in a webradio from 2:00PM to 3:45PM (GMT +0, Lisbon) in www.corredor.pt ;)

Attachments:
File comment: Tested on Stereo Tool v6.30 final @ Windows XP Professional with an onboard sound card.
Corredor v2.5.sts [15.01 KiB]
Downloaded 386 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 pm 

Final version(s) of preset will be in Final version of StereoTool 6.32. Both Web And FM version.

FM version is bit different.
- Bit louder
- Also bit different MB settings
- Phase rotator Full ON

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 pm 

Thanks to you and to Hans; it sounds phantastic! Outstanding, really.

Cheers,
Mike

Post subject: Vocal Protection
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 am 

Hi Bojcha,

I have noticed an issue with vocal protection in the webradio preset, which is included in ST 6.32

Most of the vocals are very soft, sometimes even almost completely removed. The preset works pretty good as a karaoke machine sometimes.

Can you please fix this?

I am currently using your unchanged (only the HQ-Buttons are not active) preset.

You may listen to my stream here: radioiminternet.de/listen.pls

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:42 am 

PS - I forgot to mention that Corredor 2.5 is with the quality slider at 50%. To those who will use it, please put it to its maximum. Thanks in advance.

RadioInternet.im, to which preset were you referring to in the post just after mine? (just in order to clarify things a bit, hope you don't mind :) )

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:01 pm 

Quote:
I have noticed an issue with vocal protection in the webradio preset, which is included in ST 6.32
Most of the vocals are very soft, sometimes even almost completely removed.
That should simply cannot happen!
Can you please tell me on what track(s) did you notice that?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:37 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Most of the vocals are very soft, sometimes even almost completely removed.
That should simply cannot happen!
Can you please tell me on what track(s) did you notice that?
Thanks.
Well, I could solve the problem by simply resetting StereoTool and loading your preset again.
I am running StereoTool as a DSP with SAM Broadcaster, which is installed on a v-server (not using a Soundcard).

Sorry for the confusion, it was most likely an issue with the environment of the v-Server

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:15 pm 

What a great preset you've released, Bojcha :)

Although, I do have to comment your other preset, "Fidelia".

The AGC definition you've used plays very badly in some tracks. :/ For example, in "White Flag" from Dido, the beggining of the track - where they played around panning channels and raising/lowering volume with a sound effect - begins to distort very badly just after it started a couple of seconds earlier. Plus it gives noise to the music (which is very bad). But that's just like the only thing I have to notice in Fidelia, because the sound it gives with ST 6.32 is very better than Corredor 2.5+ST6.30.

Based on this, I've modified just a little your web-radio preset in order to address those problems:
» Put Gating Level on -0.12 dB (it was on about -25 dB) and checked "Based on volume before Pre-Amp" which was disabled.
» Raised Post Amp from -0.89 dB to -0.93 dB in order to make voices be heard more clearly, giving a radio-sounding effect.

Doesn't have that problem anymore. AND, it sounds definetly great. :D

Besides those two things, congratulations, you've made a great preset :D

Attachments:
Corredor v3.sts [15.17 KiB]
Downloaded 452 times

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:17 pm 

"White Flag" from Dido - checking...

- For noise, you just need to set last 2 sliders to about +5 in noise gate. (i always use minimum noise gate reduction, to not kill too much highs.) Noise is sometimes important.
- For distortion, i don't hear it. However this is bit better if you set :Channel Separation" in AGC to 1dB.
There is some like_distortion sound at beginning, but that's also in original. Maybe you think on that ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 pm 

Corredor v3 Sounds wonderful