All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: GAP - Voice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 am 

I made a preset dedicated to processing voices, is the first version developed, I expect comments from you to shape it.
I have worked with some voices that I had recorded live.
Those who can test it with live vocals, to see how effective it is. :shock:

Greetings ;)

Attachments:
GAP_Voice_v0.1.zip [4.2 KiB]
Downloaded 806 times

Post subject: Re: GAP - Voice
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:17 pm 

I tried your preset at home, with a behringer C1-U microphone. I must say Im not a real natural on the microphone, but still I do record some stuff whenever I cant get a professional speaker.

Anyway, this preset works for me if I lower the Dirty Bass setting a little, otherwise it sounds clipped/distorted. Perhaps its because my voice has a lot of bass.

Sounds ideal for podcasts, videos, and other stuff that has no music bed, a bit too loud for proccessing radio microphones (considering that there will be other heavy proccessing of the final mix) and almost ideal for jingles etc. For jingles I think the output needs to be a little more stable, but without allowing it to be distorted.

Also, with the C1-U at the maximum volume, theres no need of any proccessing before stereotool. Just a subtle noise gate, after stereo tool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:36 pm 

Tip:
If this is intended to be only for MIC, then you don't need multiband at all! 10 bands (whatever how you adjust it) is just too much!

What you want to try is to leave MB ON but all attack speeds to set to 0 and release to max. (to disable MB), and possibility to use EQ!
Also using bit more agressive AGC and also agressive protection in AGC. Singleband Compressor might help a bit!
Loudness only if necessary and only just to work like protection. Phase rotator can be very usefull!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:31 pm 

I will improve that preset, which to tell the truth I have spent little time ... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm 

Quote:
I will improve that preset, which to tell the truth I have spent little time ... :)
Im looking forward to that. Im planning to even use it live if it can handle the bigger differences of volume etc a live session will have.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 am 

@kourampies: I started with the preset, if you have a live recording (unprocessed) you can share, the appreciate. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:58 pm 

Quote:
@kourampies: I started with the preset, if you have a live recording (unprocessed) you can share, the appreciate. ;)
Ok then, I ll gather some unproccessed recordings from 2-3 different persons, and also different recording scenarios, and share them with you! thanks for your time and effort.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:31 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Ok then, I ll gather some unproccessed recordings from 2-3 different persons, and also different recording scenarios, and share them with you! thanks for your time and effort.
When you have the voices, I raisins, if you want to private.
As soon as the need, I will make the preset. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:51 am 

I leave you to test a new version of the preset, with several changes, following a few tips and using the ST Bojcha v6.32.
It is a first approximation, so I hear comments that you think. :)

thanks

Attachments:
GAP_Voice_v0.2.zip [4.33 KiB]
Downloaded 690 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:51 pm 

I didnt manage to get any professional speaker to do a new a voiceover for me, but I tried with my Behringer C1-U, which has the know low volume problem.

I had to raise the preamp all the way to the right to get a decent volume, but thats a problem of the C1-U. The voice sounds really natural, with good constant volume without losing its dynamics. Also there is some background noise (Its just a USB mic on my room, with computers and air conditioning running, so its nothing unexpected), but the noise gate makes an excellent job on hiding it, although it shows a little on the output level, its so natural that it is unperceivable to the listener.

So thats a great improvement imo. I just think It needs a very small bass boost.