All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:05 pm 

This preset was actually designed for a radio station in Romania and was built using an FM transmitter with direct audio feedback, as the preset was built. Tested on two FM broadcast transmitters, this preset fits well directly at the input of a stereo coder. I did my best to immitate both Europa FM's rich bass (http://www.europafm.ro) and Magic FM's (http://www.magicfm.ro) soft and tender highs.

This one preset is very different from anything i did before. The "customers" liked it, hope you like it too.
I turned off the stereo expander, because, used with a good stereo coder there is absolutely no use for it. But, if you have poor separation, you may want to check the stereo booster option.

Enjoy !

PS: For use on StereoTool 6.21 !

PS2: To use this, please bypass all processing after stereo tool (Soundcard 3D effects, eq's, and so on). Use the raw output is produces to feed the transmitter directly.

PS3: Use high quality recordings for processing. As Robert Orban said "Garbage in, garbage out.". Do your best to use high-bitrate MP3 files (at least 192Kbps) and rich in harmonics. Some well recorder 96Kbit files rich in harmonics sound unexpectedly well. On the other hand, some other 320Kbit files sound like crap. Files processed with limiters / software eq's / other filter when ripped from CD's usually sound bad. I've found that the best results come from FLAC files, directly ripped from original CD's. You may also experiment and give me some feedback :)

Attachments:
File comment: FM Radio Preset. Please, do not use software pre-emphasis, do your best to use the one (or build one) in your stereo coder.
!FMRadio_1.zip [3.93 KiB]
Downloaded 995 times