All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 am 

After a lot of testing various things, I'm posting the final update for this preset.

Included in the zip file is a "Standard" edition that is with loudness, and a "Declipper" version that is with the declipper and loudness enabled. I did not make a separate version that uses only the final limiter (now listed as the "final clipper" in the GUI).

I did manage to reduce the RMS level some (approx 1 dB) from the level of RC2.

The primary changes were another slight change in the multiband center frequencies, soft limit, EQ, and clipping levels. I also changed some things in loudness and bass boost. Give it a whirl. I think it sounds better, but your mileage may vary.

Notes: I lowered the gating level by 2 dB, so the AGC will rise a little faster now. That said though, track-to-track changes in a playlist, particularly if there are fade-outs, may still be problematic. I appreciate the broadcasting school of thought that the gain needs to come up fast from a fade so that the broadcast volume stays within a certain range, but this preset is not made with broadcasting in mind. Even still, if you find the up speed to still be too slow, you can change the gating to something like -20 dB instead where it's at now, and also change the up push strength to x 0.2 or higher.

Barring any dramatic bugfix, this is the last preset I plan to do until multiband is redesigned. I may continue calling it "V8", which is kind of punchy (V8 Fusion), or revved up (V8 automotive engine), or I may call it something else. We'll see when it happens (anticipating late 2012 / early 2013 at the earliest)...

Take care...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 am 

hello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 am 

J have the evening news vesrsion Hypersonic Test V7 and I'm good work john ;)