All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:01 am 

RC2 is too hot (too high RMS). I'm working on reducing it some.

This is the last preset I'm going to attempt to do until the software has a major overhaul. The current design prohibits getting sub-bass / bass to have enough punch without severely cutting into the vocals. In order to reduce RMS power, I'm probably going to have to cut the bass, leaving issues with tracks that have a lot of presense in the 40-100 Hz range, thus trading one issue for a different issue.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 am 

Is "Scorpions - Still Loving You" still part of your playlists for preset development ?
If not, it might be useful for you to bring it back during testing.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ae2mcl9tgc8cawb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 pm 

I have tried several of the "Hypersonic" versions. The HypersonicV7_Beta4 is thus far my favorite. It sounds great. I use it on my Smooth Jazz station. Thanks for the great work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:38 am 

Quote:
Is "Scorpions - Still Loving You" still part of your playlists for preset development ?
It is no wonder we have different opinions about this "track"...because....

...you are using a different track than I am.

The FLAC file you posted came from the 1992 remix from the album "Still Loving You". That version has significantly more echo / reverb in it already. The guitars as well as the vocals are different in style compared to what I've been listening to. The drums also have more slap to them. Additionally, it sounds to me like someone sent the track through a noise filter, because I can hear the noise floor come up dramatically in places, and then drop back down.

What I have been using is a 192K MP3 of the track from "Love At First Sting".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:36 am 

Quote:
...you are using a different track than I am.
Ok.
Quote:
The FLAC file you posted came from the 1992 remix from the album "Still Loving You".
I have not posted (or linked) such FLAC file.
I guess (remember ?) that you have found different versions of that track somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:50 am 

Quote:
Quote:
The FLAC file you posted came from the 1992 remix from the album "Still Loving You".
I have not posted (or linked) such FLAC file.
I guess (remember ?) that you have found different versions of that track somewhere else.
Quote:
If not, it might be useful for you to bring it back during testing.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ae2mcl9tgc8cawb
I guess that mediafire link just coincidentally tripped and fell and landed in your post, and is, by some cosmic coincidence, the track being discussed? :roll:

I guess I need to not click on the display this post link in the future... :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:14 am 

Quote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:o :o :o :o :o :o
:? :? :? :? :? :?
Not my link !
Quote:
I guess that mediafire link just coincidentally tripped and fell and landed in your post, and is, by some cosmic coincidence the track being discussed? :roll:
Or someone that has the right to edit posts in this forum added this link to do the users a favor !
Bojcha ?
Hans ?
I don`t know.
But it is (was) definetly not my link/file !
I hope that this friendly person (who added that link) will post here to rehabilitate me.
I do not have amnesia or Alzheimer's.
Not my link !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:16 pm 

Quote:
Not my link !
I've been told that no, it was not done by you. The way the forum software currently works is that it does appear to have been done by you, even though it was not. I've made a suggestion as to what could be done in the future if someone other than the original person makes an edit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:22 am 

Yes, i added that link, sorry, will not happen agian...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 am 

Thank you, Bojcha ! :)
No problem at all.
You have done it to do all users here a favor (for testing).
You have not done anything wrong !

The problem is that there seems to be a cosmic plan to create every once in a while misunderstandings and confusion between Brian and myself. :roll: :? :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next