All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am 

Here's what i think...
As achecz notice.. it's impossible to set singleband limiter to do job.. actually it's possible, but you'll cut all other peeks which should be not cuted.

That peeks (other tracks) mostly comes from mid-bass and bass. So logicaly it would be good to 'tell" compressor to not_detect those peeks, or atleast as much as possible less. So for that would be hendy to have sidechained EQ with "singleband compressor/limiter" or dual-band compessor/limiter with ofc separate threshold settings.

Since there is "deep bass boost" after "singleband compressor/limiter" - i boosted it to about 150 and for about same amount i lowered bass from multiband (spft limit). That gives me much less reaction on bass in "singleband compressor/limiter" and also more room to adjust it better for "bursts".
Still not good, because i can only boost single (fixed) freq. from "Deep Bass Boost' - but bit better when "singleband compressor/limiter" is used for incoming loud bursts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:27 am 

Quote:
Here's what i think...
As achecz notice.. it's impossible to set singleband limiter to do job.. actually it's possible, but you'll cut all other peeks which should be not cuted.
At what specific times during that track are the peaks you're talking about?

0:31 and 3:29

I think you have to keep in mind that a burst exists in the unprocessed source as well, particularly with respect to the 3:29 point. That particular passage has an approximate 20 dB change down and then back up over the course of a few seconds. I think your expectations of what you can control or how much you should control are perhaps set a bit too high.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:42 am 

Yes i focused on that part at 03:29.
If you have time .. try BBP and Rustonium, watch AGC ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 am 

Quote:
Yes i focused on that part at 03:29.
If you have time .. try BBP and Rustonium .. ;)
I do not have access to that. I only use Winamp, and do not use a DSP stacker or VST bridge. I have been tinkering around with my preset and have enabled singleband up at -2.66 dB, and have decreased the upspeed of the AGC, and things are slightly better, but again, you're dealing with a 20 dB range in the matter of a few seconds.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:19 am 

ok np.. i'll record that part..
edit:
uploaded http://www.uploadking.com/NY6XGROQQK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:31 am 

Download does not work in Firefox 10 (beta 2), or IE 8.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www43.uploadking.com:81.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, I changed the attempted port from 81 to 80, and the download worked, so whatever uploadking is doing with their button to click to download, it needs to point to an unblocked port. DUH! :roll:

Last edited by Brian on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:34 am 

wth! this? http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/23927559/file.html

http://i.imgur.com/gX9IN.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:36 am 

Quote:
lol... see my edit... :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 am 

Quote:
I do not have access to that.
Everybody has access, so you too Brian.
You can install Breakaway Live 0.90.96b (this has the Rustonium preset included).
It runs as a never expiring trial version.
There is only one short break (few seconds) every 30 minutes (similiar what Hans used in some old beta versions for the declipper module).
On my XP system this break even only occurs every 50 minutes !???

And since I convinced Leif - starting with version 0.90.95 this does not happen at all as long as the Breakaway processing is bypassed (but hosted Winamp DSPs can be enabled for processing !).
You can host Stereo Tool with Breakaway Live.
It`s useful to compare Stereo Tool presets with Breakaway presets.
http://www.claessonedwards.com/forum/vi ... 00cee64e66

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 am 

ok... Viewing the processed snippet that was posted through Breakaway RTA, it appears as though the AGC settings are different (not sure whether they're higher or lower yet). Because it does not drop down as far in volume, it also does not have to move upwards in volume as much. From what I see, this would seem to imply that the dynamic range of rustonium is squished. The burst is still there though, as it has to be, since it is in the original recording.

Perhaps reducing the downspeed in the StereoTool AGC would help (?). I still go back to the fact that the unprocessed track has approximately 20 dB of change, while the rustonium sample only contains only 6-8 dB of change, and its' lowest point is thus some 12 dB louder than the unprocessed track.