All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I tested the song Paint it Black but I haven't noticed any artifacts. It is old song with a minimum stereo effect
The question is: do we really have the same song (technically) ?
I guess different remastered versions of this prominent song exist, so maybe we compare apples and oranges.
It's been a while since this comment, but I have had the chance to test another MP3 of Paint It Black, and the artifacts I heard are related to the specific track. The track that I can hear the artifacts is a 320K bitrate, while the one that I can't hear the left channel issue is a 192K bitrate.

So, yeah, apples and oranges...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:53 am 

Here is Final* version of my preset: LUCIDITY FX4 for Stereo Tool 6.20!
Now it's splited into two versions - FULL and FREE.
So... do not hesitate to try this preset with a dynamic and detailed sound!

FULL version LUCIDITY FX4
- Includes all features as declipper and loudness filter.
- Only for registered users
- Very good preset for remastering!
- You need fast CPU ( Intel Core i3/i5/i7 2GHz or above) with ST6.20
Attachment:
ACHEs_LUCIDITY_FX4.zip [3.67 KiB]
Downloaded 393 times
Warning:
DeClipper kills songs with squares sounds (demoscene music, gabber etc.). Deactivate it! if you listening these genres, or use FREE version!

FREE version is named: LUCIDITY FX4 Free
- Recommended version for unregistered users!
- saves more than 50% CPU time! Core 2 or Athlons II runs good.
- Recommended version for listening gabber or demoscene music.
Attachment:
ACHEs_LUCIDITY_FX4_free.zip [3.68 KiB]
Downloaded 369 times
* after the release of full version Stereotools is possible that come patched version (FX4.1, 4.2 ...)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:01 am 

It's nice to see Lucidity FX version 4 in the user settings Stereotool. But looks like it will be updated before final release ST6.20. :-)

- New version 4.x will have modified ACG which keeps higher peaks. And perhaps will be only dual-band, since the third band set to 60% does not affect the 99.9% of songs.
- It will also be moderately multiband tuned for even better bass.
- And finally, will be slightly modified output filter. Probably will be turned off single-band compressor / limiter, because in this seting has no effect on 99% songs. On the other hand will be returned back the Final Limiter, which had been used in versions FX1 to 2 (at that time I did not have a license to StereoTool so I just used the Free options :-) ). With it will be possible to fine-tune the output RMS, which will still be around DR7-9.

I will try tune this profile to perfection before release final version ST 6.20. (And I hope that it will be included in it :-) )
Free version of course also will be tuned. (But the sound will be slightly different)

EDIT: I see beta 129 contains soft Lucidity FX4 version, so update the Free version will be directed to this section (but without De-Clipper)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 am 
Site Admin

Hm I forgot to check your Free version there, I just switched off the Loudness section, phase rotation and pre-emphasis for all the presets (including yours). These presets are used for normal listening, which does _NOT_ mean that the declipper cannot be used - in fact these are the presets that I would recommend for normal listening when loudness is not an issue - but using it will require registering.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 pm 

Quote:
Hm I forgot to check your Free version there...
Never mind, in a few days I plan to update booth. Now I experimenting with dirty mids and high in Full version and testing new Free version (that will be slightly quieter than the previous). You can update it when will be released (maybe after weekend, I must test booth versions).
Quote:
These presets are used for normal listening, which does _NOT_ mean that the declipper cannot be used - in fact these are the presets that I would recommend for normal listening when loudness is not an issue - but using it will require registering.
So I created Free version for people who are haven't license but still want to have enhanced sound by using this preset. It also is designed for people who have slower computer and can not afford to use declipper (eats a lot of CPU power).

EDIT:
So already doing tests, especially the Free (soft) version.
- The new Free version sounds a lot better on many songs. It offers a nice refined sound with high dynamics.
- Both versions offer the same audio quality. Full version is only slightly more aggressive and offers DeClipper.

Here is test of dynamics both versions on the PFD Mix 2011: http://www.abload.de/img/fx4-fulllqtw.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:03 am 

I'm very pleased because beta (WDYT) version has been downloaded more than 100 times. Nice!
The final version FX4 is now included in StereoTool 6.20: Web Radio - User Presets and Generic Preset.

To the future I haven't plan to develop any different preset, I like how this sounds, so I'll keep working on this. I will try to updating it with newer versions of Stereo Tool.
...And thanks to all who using this preset. :)