All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 am 

Quote:
@ Brian

Especially since JesseG and Leif Claesson have been active in this forum I wonder if you have found the time to try Breakaway Live trial version and its presets !?
http://www.claessonedwards.com/forum/vi ... ?f=5&t=942
I use it as a (bypassed) host for Stereo Tool DSP version.

I would like to read what you think about it (and its different presets - if you find any useful preset at all ?).
Including the obsolete presets:
http://claessonedwards.com/forum/viewto ... view=print
I have to admit, I'm lazy. I'm also going through a funk, combined with dread, as I know my time and money is about exhausted, and I'm not looking forward to work as a customer service rep over the phone again after being a software developer and system administrator. But that's neither here nor there...

tl;dr - No, I haven't tried it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm 

SonicSynth Version II:

Approach in version I has been dropped altogether for I was unsuccessful in getting a consistent fatigue-free signature - partly attributed to the fact that calibration of Multiband using standardised units for compression ratio, attack and release times is currently beyond my limited skills.

The current version sounds very appealing to my perception, tested at 48 samples latency using ASIO - specially in terms of transient punch and transparency(with declipper enabled).
In fact, comparing the PFD Mix of Omnia 9, I feel utterly pleased.
Nonetheless, feel free to direct those brickbats at me if you find the sound really that bad.

Note: Those who have the processing grunt to try something esoteric can upsample to 192 kHz prior feeding in to StereoTool. The tight peak control and clean highs will alone impress you (hopefully).

Attachments:
File comment: SonicSynth Version II.
Includes versions with and without Declipper enabled.

SonicSynth Version II.zip [3.49 KiB]
Downloaded 386 times