All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:13 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Version 1 still sounds better, on 2.5 bass is more/too compressed. :)
Yes, Martin, my friend, you are right. I'm still interested in how you would modify this 1 adaptive and how you think it would sound better. It sounds good to me with the fact that it lacks a high tone. Now he tried to do it, but really the bass here is compressed too much at 2 0 and 2 5. I'm interested in 1 what kind of tone you would make here, because I have no doubts about you.
Thank you. :) Maybe something like this?
IMO worst version of all of them The Mids and Highs are way to high and even the Treble could a little high the audio sounds way to muffled staticy in this version.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:54 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Martin, my friend, you are right. I'm still interested in how you would modify this 1 adaptive and how you think it would sound better. It sounds good to me with the fact that it lacks a high tone. Now he tried to do it, but really the bass here is compressed too much at 2 0 and 2 5. I'm interested in 1 what kind of tone you would make here, because I have no doubts about you.
Thank you. :) Maybe something like this?
IMO worst version of all of them The Mids and Highs are way to high and even the Treble could a little high the audio sounds way to muffled staticy in this version.
I noticed myself that for some reason the sound image did change a little beyond bass, despite only tweaking bass settings. I guess compressor and AGC settings for all bands will have to be adjusted too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:53 am 

Ah, found where the issue was. The AGC was working too hard and it needed ratio adjustment. That way it sounds completely different (With a little volume adjustment needed in multiband compressors and limiter too):

Attachments:
Niv's Adaptive 1.0 HD+Martin's bass fix.sts [166.28 KiB]
Downloaded 18 times

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:52 am 

Quote:
Ah, found where the issue was. The AGC was working too hard and it needed ratio adjustment. That way it sounds completely different (With a little volume adjustment needed in multiband compressors and limiter too):
Oh this is interesting! May I ask what have you tweaked in all of this, aside from mentioned AGC ratio?
I see Low Level Boost on aswell!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:09 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Oh this is interesting! May I ask what have you tweaked in all of this, aside from mentioned AGC ratio?
I see Low Level Boost on aswell!
I have forgotten to turn it off from my previous attempt. Apart from that, i changed drive level and output volume of compressors (Also intermodulation distortion protection needed to be adjusted) plus the limiter's volume. I also changed true bass settings a bit and bass clipper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm 

Okay I turned off low level boost, and cleaned up minor things here and there!

Here it is.

I must say the more I listen to it the better it sounds.
Probably need to +~9dB in the input level to compensate for AGC being 1.5:1 now!

EDIT: Ah I see you just used LLB to flat out put more level for AGC, for which I increased the input. Your solution seems to work better, added it back :)

Attachments:
Niv's Adaptive (Martin Bass Fix) 1.2 HD.sts [166.75 KiB]
Downloaded 25 times

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:42 pm 

Quote:

Here it is.

Probably need to +~9dB in the input level to compensate for AGC being 1.5:1 now!

EDIT: Ah I see you just used LLB to flat out put more level for AGC, for which I increased the input. Your solution seems to work better, added it back :)
Yes, the AGC ratio and LLB really make huge difference, sound is much richer and even. :)
Just one note: The Stereo delay adds some weird echo on some vocals and talking. Sound great on some genres and not so much on others, so for anyone who isn't used to it, it can be fixed by turning this off in "Stereo" section. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Here it is.

Yes, the AGC ratio and LLB really make huge difference, sound is much richer and even. :)
Just one note: The Stereo delay adds some weird echo on some vocals and talking. Sound great on some genres and not so much on others, so for anyone who isn't used to it, it can be fixed by turning this off in "Stereo" section. :)
And that strange stereo echo is just good for techno, because techno has a narrow production because of those rhythms, so it's that width that makes the sound rich. For folk music from the former Yugoslavia, this echo sounds like it's made of plastic, but for a liquid it sounds perfect. Listen to how this song sounds in this preset that Martin modified for 1. 2 bass fix
https://mega.nz/file/yBMTARIB#6sc9aUGE- ... ln8xp2u_0w

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 am 

Martin. Can you turn it off in the stereo image and send it here so I can hear what Yugoslav folk music sounds like without the echo you mention?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here it is.

And that strange stereo echo is just good for techno, because techno has a narrow production because of those rhythms, so it's that width that makes the sound rich. For folk music from the former Yugoslavia, this echo sounds like it's made of plastic, but for a liquid it sounds perfect. Listen to how this song sounds in this preset that Martin modified for 1. 2 bass fix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 am 

Quote:
Martin. Can you turn it off in the stereo image and send it here so I can hear what Yugoslav folk music sounds like without the echo you mention?
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, here it is :)

Attachments:
Niv _ mkpetrov - Niv_s Adaptive 1.2 HD - 2024-04-16-no stereo delay.sts [166.75 KiB]
Downloaded 34 times