All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:37 am 

Quote:
Why in the silent parts of the songs does the volume increase extremely?

what would be the reason?

or how many -db should I consider in the stereo tool input so that this does not happen?
This is the effect of Low level boost. You can try disabling it and then rise the level of advanced clipper to compensate for the lower volume and have the same volume consistency.
I am using the Low level boost aggressively, because i'm aiming at making the preset good for even very low quality sources any mitigate the effect of compression, be it from stereo tool or the original source. I listen to a lot of internet radiostations raging from 128 kb/s mp3 to 320 kb/s and my goal is to make it as universal as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:03 pm 

Stumbled upon the new adaptive compression and decided to try It. It definitely adds dynamics and details to some of the songs and is worth using. I also fixed auto EQ refusing to reduce trebles on treble-heavy songs. Here's the Final result.
Edit: Also a 4-band AGC version with better treble and also better mids-clipping protection.

Attachments:
Martin Petrov 4-band AGC.rar [112.9 KiB]
Downloaded 40 times
Martin Petrov Final With Adaptive Processor.rar [112.47 KiB]
Downloaded 62 times

Last edited by mkpetrov on Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:04 am 

One more update with 4-Band AGC. More open with stronger, but not harsh treble+a few more improvements, including better mid-clipping protection. If bass is too much (I'm testing it on bookshelf speakers and it sounds great, but for people with subwoofers or large floorstanding speakers, it might become a little overpowering), try to either lowering true bass volume or bass clipper's drive.

Attachments:
Martin Petrov 4-band AGC.rar [112.9 KiB]
Downloaded 55 times

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 am 

Improved further with better handling of highs and vocals. :)

Attachments:
Martin Petrov Final.rar [112.97 KiB]
Downloaded 62 times

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:38 am 

With more weeks of testing, I am leaving two versions worthy of using. The "Ultimate" is the one i will be using as an everyday preset. The preset uses the adaptive mode on both 3 compressors.

The other is an older version with some fixes from Lokva I revised using the adaptive mode.

Attachments:
Martin Petrov's Ultimate preset.sts [165.2 KiB]
Downloaded 44 times
Martin+Lokva.sts [164.87 KiB]
Downloaded 49 times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:56 pm 

New version of the "Uncompressed" preset for Stereo tool 10.30. Improvements in highs and vocals, and it now uses the new adaptive mode in AGC with some additional density added.
The other preset is meant to be more calm, closer to the "Orban" presets and suitable for more professional usage (While the "Ultimate" preset, on the other hand, is mostly intended for those who want more exciting sound and is especially suitable for those who don't always use filest/streams with the best quality, and for those who don't have the best equipment). After testing it on stereo tool 10.30, i felt it didn't need any improvement and is better left as it is. :)

Attachments:
Martin's Ultimate preset for Stereo Tool 10.30.sts [167.08 KiB]
Downloaded 19 times
Martin's Kalman radio preset.sts [141.57 KiB]
Downloaded 28 times

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 pm 

Hi, Martin. Martin's Kalman radio preset for Stereo tool 10.30 is great. I've been keeping it on my stream since last night. Here's a link to hear how it sounds. https://centova47.instainternet.com/pro ... mp=/stream I also tried the ultimate preset and had some slight distortion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm 

Quote:
Hi, Martin. Martin's Kalman radio preset for Stereo tool 10.30 is great. I've been keeping it on my stream since last night. Here's a link to hear how it sounds. https://centova47.instainternet.com/pro ... mp=/stream I also tried the ultimate preset and had some slight distortion.
Hi, thanks. I am using the ultimate preset, so far no distortion, but i'll monitor it closer and fix it if it occurs. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:41 am 

Hello my good friends. Our friend martin made a preset for kalman radio. When Martin and I were working, I listened to everything and anything while we made this preset for Kalman radio. To make it clear to you, Kalman Radio plays a variety of music, mostly music from the former Yugoslavia, so in accordance with that, Martin and I tried to create a setting that would be less aggressive, as is the case for techno music. Then we had a situation where we had to make the music work as it should, but the voice was too loud. Then I listened for hours and hours to the program from the PC Kalman radio recorder, which records the program a month ago, so I listened to voice and music for hours. Then I sent Martin a voice to hear how it sounds when the program is broadcast live so that Martin could hear how it works like it's a morning program of the day's topics. It was necessary to put all this together somehow to make it sound right. Now I am sending you the original kalman radio preset that Martin made for us here in Sarajevo. The link to download the kalman works setting is:
https://mega.nz/file/rRdUwRjQ#tzViuuzpf ... GZWvH4Evb8
As well as stream kalman radio
http://188.40.62.20:8004/stream
Our friend Martin has a lot of these presets, so he may have mixed up the preset a bit, but this is a preset that he and I have been working on for a long time. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 am 

Quote:
Hello my good friends. Our friend martin made a preset for kalman radio. When Martin and I were working, I listened to everything and anything while we made this preset for Kalman radio. To make it clear to you, Kalman Radio plays a variety of music, mostly music from the former Yugoslavia, so in accordance with that, Martin and I tried to create a setting that would be less aggressive, as is the case for techno music. Then we had a situation where we had to make the music work as it should, but the voice was too loud. Then I listened for hours and hours to the program from the PC Kalman radio recorder, which records the program a month ago, so I listened to voice and music for hours. Then I sent Martin a voice to hear how it sounds when the program is broadcast live so that Martin could hear how it works like it's a morning program of the day's topics. It was necessary to put all this together somehow to make it sound right. Now I am sending you the original kalman radio preset that Martin made for us here in Sarajevo. The link to download the kalman works setting is:
https://mega.nz/file/rRdUwRjQ#tzViuuzpf ... GZWvH4Evb8
As well as stream kalman radio
http://188.40.62.20:8004/stream
Our friend Martin has a lot of these presets, so he may have mixed up the preset a bit, but this is a preset that he and I have been working on for a long time. Enjoy.
I am adding this one to the OP too. :)
Uploading it here too, along the Ultimate/Uncompressed I currently use

Attachments:
Martin's Ultimate preset for Stereo Tool 10.30 final.sts [167.07 KiB]
Downloaded 7 times
Martin Petrov's Universal Preset for Kalman radio.sts [164.97 KiB]
Downloaded 27 times