All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:16 pm 

I found the "KX The Edge" preset to be very unique in terms of sound details (And very gentle highs) and tweaked it further to improve bass response and vocals. I also added even more details thanks to the delossifier and highs exciter (And highs are still gentle, they don't sound harsh like they do in many presets combined with some lower quality sources). Finally I tweaked the limiters to make sure there is zero sign of distortion and I'm very pleased the results. I hope someone else will love It too. :)

Edit: Redone version with better bass preservation, more natural vocals and highs and better distortion protection.

Attachments:
Martin's KX The Edge V2.rar [111.01 KiB]
Downloaded 321 times
Martin(KX The Edge based).sts [147.82 KiB]
Downloaded 396 times

Last edited by mkpetrov on Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:26 am 

Hello Martin: Due to hearing damage of 75 db, I slightly adjusted your preset settings by setting the post-amplifier to 0 so that the tone is a bit stronger because you set it to -6, so I somehow adjusted the modulation according to my Hi-X25Bt bluetooth headphones. I don't know how much experience you have with these headphones, but they have a very good and clear sound. Besides them, I also have a senheiser 400 hd pro. Would you be interested in me sending you Balkan music from the 80's and 90's so that you can hear if it should be adjusted? Since I'm completely blind and I'm a screen reader user, that's why we can't adjust some things here when it comes to settings, but there are things that are possible, from loading presets to some changes, so if you're interested, I could send you a pm via mega server song to hear how and what kind of production it is. Greetings from Sarajevo.
Edin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:12 am 

Limiter and compressor sound very good. This reminds me a bit of the 90s when the tones were the same everywhere. Makes you nostalgic for Italian radio stations from 94/96 when I was in Poreč, Istria, which is very close to the Italian border, so I listened to their sounds as a 16-year-old kid. greetings from Sarajevo
Edin
Quote:
I found the "KX The Edge" preset to be very unique in terms of sound details (And very gentle highs) and tweaked it further to improve bass response and vocals. I also added even more details thanks to the delossifier and highs exciter (And highs are still gentle, they don't sound harsh like they do in many presets combined with some lower quality sources). Finally I tweaked the limiters to make sure there is zero sign of distortion and I'm very pleased the results. I hope someone else will love It too. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:08 am 

Quote:
Hello Martin: Due to hearing damage of 75 db, I slightly adjusted your preset settings by setting the post-amplifier to 0 so that the tone is a bit stronger because you set it to -6, so I somehow adjusted the modulation according to my Hi-X25Bt bluetooth headphones. I don't know how much experience you have with these headphones, but they have a very good and clear sound. Besides them, I also have a senheiser 400 hd pro. Would you be interested in me sending you Balkan music from the 80's and 90's so that you can hear if it should be adjusted? Since I'm completely blind and I'm a screen reader user, that's why we can't adjust some things here when it comes to settings, but there are things that are possible, from loading presets to some changes, so if you're interested, I could send you a pm via mega server song to hear how and what kind of production it is. Greetings from Sarajevo.
Edin
I am from the Balkans, so I'll test if it sounds well with this kind of music and will post an updated version if It needs tweaking. :) My goal is indeed to make it sound good with any genre and any source quality or loudness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:16 am 

Try to listen to old folk music from Serbia/Bosnia and Herzegovina in order to better understand the production of that time. Let's say, for example, the late Šaban Šaulić, who was the pinnacle of folk music in the Yugoslav era. If you don't manage to find the sound carrier, I have a lot of it in mp3 from the Kalman radio archive, so I can send it to you via the mega server if necessary. If you speak Croatian/Spski/Bosnian, I could write to you privately in your own language, so I don't use google translator because I write here in English so that others who don't know these languages ​​can understand us. Look, I think that Balkan music needs maybe a little higher treble and less bass, so for something like that you should do a special preset that you would call Balkan music. Here in the mentioned productions, the stereo tone is quite narrow, so it should be widened, but you will hear that when you listen to the mentioned singer.
Quote:
Quote:
Edin
I am from the Balkans, so I'll test if it sounds well with this kind of music and will post an updated version if It needs tweaking. :) My goal is indeed to make it sound good with any genre and any source quality or loudness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:25 am 

New version with better bass preservation, more natural vocals and highs and better distortion protection. :)

Attachments:
Martin's KX The Edve V2.sts [144.61 KiB]
Downloaded 280 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:28 am 

Quote:
Try to listen to old folk music from Serbia/Bosnia and Herzegovina in order to better understand the production of that time. Let's say, for example, the late Šaban Šaulić, who was the pinnacle of folk music in the Yugoslav era. If you don't manage to find the sound carrier, I have a lot of it in mp3 from the Kalman radio archive, so I can send it to you via the mega server if necessary. If you speak Croatian/Spski/Bosnian, I could write to you privately in your own language, so I don't use google translator because I write here in English so that others who don't know these languages ​​can understand us. Look, I think that Balkan music needs maybe a little higher treble and less bass, so for something like that you should do a special preset that you would call Balkan music. Here in the mentioned productions, the stereo tone is quite narrow, so it should be widened, but you will hear that when you listen to the mentioned singer.
Quote:
Quote:
Edin
Check out at this attempt i made. :) I had to archive it because for some reason file was too big to attach.
I'm not experienced with this genre, so it is probably far from perfect, but it sounded alright to me. :) You are right, It definitely needed more treble. Bass is a bit subjective and boomy bass and would sound better with a preset with more compressed bass.

Attachments:
Balcans.rar [110.98 KiB]
Downloaded 211 times

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:57 am 

Thank you, Martin, for this preset. I made one small change here, and that is that I increased the width of the stereo image to 130, while it was at 100, and I turned it on so that it could be spread a little. In the link, I'm sending you the music and this pre-arranged setting, so listen and hear if I went too far with the width of the stereo image. On senheiser hd 400 Pro headphones, I hear a lack of deep bass, but listen again, maybe you can hear it better than me. The width of the stereo image seems much better and wider to me now, so listen.
The link to download the rar file where I packed everything so you can hear what Balkan music sounds like in the 80's and 90's is:
https://mega.nz/file/3AtzkRSY#Xima6eBUZ ... xnJXSRmdQo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Check out at this attempt i made. :) I had to archive it because for some reason file was too big to attach.
I'm not experienced with this genre, so it is probably far from perfect, but it sounded alright to me. :) You are right, It definitely needed more treble. Bass is a bit subjective and boomy bass and would sound better with a preset with more compressed bass.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:09 am 

However, I left that first preset of yours, Martin, because it cuts me to 90 teh on Italian radio stations, with the fact that you should just take off the bass a little, it's too strong. and the rest of the limiters, leave everything the same and raise the post amplifier a little to -3.0, yours is at 6.0, and I could do it too if you can't do it. At that time, there was a war in Sarajevo, so I lived in Poreč from 1994 to 1996. When I returned to Sarajevo in 1996, in 1998 I started my own radio station Kalman, and at that time before that I was a big listener of radio stations, so I heard various tones. At that time, the Italians were the most ambitious, while the Croatians at that time had not yet started using such advanced sound processors, so I was amazed at how it was possible for a radio station with such a strong tone to be on the broadcast FM network. Then, as a kid, I admired the Italians because I knew nothing about sound processors at that time.
Greetings from Sarajevo. Edin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:13 am 

What I wrote to you about the post amplifier -3, that you should stop the modulation, I was not thinking about the Balkan settings, but about this first setting that you did, which I call the Italian radio stations from the 90s. And remove the bass a little on the mid-bass, not on the deep. Ivzina, for taking away your time for the Balkans, thank you once again, so just add deep bass to the Balkans, listen to the music I sent you, and assess the situation.