All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:42 am 

Quote:
Hello Duman. Anyway, I found your update here and tried it and now I'm fascinated when I heard the setting Dumans_HD_V1.3.sts. It really sounds awesome. Wide, no too much pumping, this is great for me. I didn't notice this. This doesn't sound like folk music, but this setting Dumans_HD_V1.3.sts is great. I don't see any mistakes here that should be changed.
Quote:

Hello Dumans.
I'm writing to you from Sarajevo, where the music is a little different than Oce je dence. Here at kalman radio, we play a lot of different types of music and we are very committed to Bosnian folk as well as sevdah, with the fact that we have from 12 to 117 pop/rock in our program schedule. According to the settings you made, it sounds the best for our Balkan music Dumans_HD_V1.2.sts.
In my opinion, the vocals here are a little lower when you listen to the singing, so you could perhaps adjust the vocals a bit so that they can be understood better. A little, as I hear on senheiser hd 400 pro headphones, the vocals need to be improved a bit. Dence is not for our Balkan music and this is still flat as you wrote in your settings. They could fix this preset if it wasn't dence, because dence honestly doesn't sound the best for Balkan folk/pop/rock.
Hi thanks for the comments. I am always trying to push the best from this preset.
I know that some genres might favour eq and compression but i always keep in mind not to alter the
original tone of the music production.All other things are what sounds best to your ears.
Just uploaded V1.6. More flat response at -7LUFS to prevent distortion artifacts with just
a small push to the right direction.

Always good to hear your comments

Attachments:
Dumans_HD_V1.6_-7LUFS.zip [109.52 KiB]
Downloaded 200 times

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:16 am 

Dear Duman: This sounds perfect, great on our fun/folk Balkan/South Slavic music. Modulation is like extra fm Zagreb. However, what fascinated me here was that you kept the original tone of the production, even though you improved it so that it is like the original. This is the best arrangement of yours that I have heard so far. I really don't see anything wrong with Balkan music here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:13 pm 

What version of the Stereo tool is it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:49 pm 

Quote:
What version of the Stereo tool is it?
Using Version 10.10 now but the first presets development
started in 9.92.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:23 pm 

New update V1.7.Best wishes for 2024

Attachments:
dumans7.7-7lufs_pm.png
dumans7.7-7lufs_pm.png [ 173.44 KiB | Viewed 3930 times ]
Dumans_HD_1.7.zip [109.34 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:53 am 

Quote:
New update V1.7.Best wishes for 2024
Best wishes to you as well my friend!
Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the last version of your preset, I think it sounds awesome on my setup!

Thanks a lot for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:11 pm 

Hi. Some updates in this one.more flat response and slightly increased output levels
Enjoy

Attachments:
Dumans_HD_V1.8.zip [108.88 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:39 am 

Duman: This sounds perfect both on other music and on the music of the former Yugoslavia. Everything is balanced properly. What fascinated me was One much older song by Šaban Šaulić, a top singer of that time, who unfortunately died in a traffic accident and was my idol when it comes to singers from the former Yugoslavia. I suggest that you listen to this song, which I will now send you a link to, and that you pay attention to the beginning of this song, where the violin starts to play louder after the first part. What fascinated her here was that the violin is not silenced and the other instruments of the symphony orchestra playing in this song are not playing. In most of the presets, this violin drowns out all the instruments when it starts playing in this song. What you have done here is that the violin sounds so that the other instruments do not fall. Kudos to you and listen to this:
https://mega.nz/file/nA8RRISS#EkSc4hyd- ... SYU0UkBJ-o
Quote:
Hi. Some updates in this one.more flat response and slightly increased output levels
Enjoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:31 am 

Is this preset made for the adaptive compressor that is in the new Stereo Tool or is it made for the old compressor that is in the older versions?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 am 

Sale, my friend, also works on 9.92. He just set it up for me to try. I have 4 versions of stereo tool on winamp, even the latest beta version, so I can try everything.
Quote:
Is this preset made for the adaptive compressor that is in the new Stereo Tool or is it made for the old compressor that is in the older versions?