All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:52 pm 

Greetings to the audio enthusiast community!

Tonight I finally managed to dedicate some quality time to explore the nuances of the latest production version of Stereo Tool 10.10. Having been a user for quite some time, I've observed its remarkable compatibility with profiles that are now considered somewhat aged in the realm of audio processing and mine are beginning to age.

However, it's worth highlighting that contemporary profiles, especially those crafted by the genius of Matt Levin, bring forward an exceptionally balanced overall processing. Their intricacies are second to none. Being from the land down under, though, there’s a distinctive preference for a bit more bass and overall sound punch in our audio – perhaps it's the innate Kangaroo spirit resonating within us!

In light of this, I've taken the liberty of enhancing Matt's stellar "Ohio Valley Blue" profile. My tweaks were built upon a version I had worked on earlier in May. Now, it's worth noting that Matt might have further refined his original masterpiece since then, so I remain optimistic about revisiting and refining my own version in the near future.

Without further ado, I present to you: Paul Thompson's version Ohio Valley Blue v1. A harmonious blend of profound bass and pristine clarity. Dive in and let your ears be the judge!

This version is set for streaming only at this stage, but those experienced will be able to balance this out for FM broadcasting.
Your feedback is invaluable. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences with this version. Let's keep the art of audio processing alive and evolving!

Attachments:
File comment: This is Paul Thompson's version of Matt Levin's Ohio Valley Blue sourced from May 2023.
Paul Thompson version Ohio Valley Blue v1.sts [145.07 KiB]
Downloaded 261 times

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:02 pm 

Multiband 1 not acting at all? Is that the way it's supposed to be?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:30 am 

Version 2, with better improvement for car radios with built in DSPs.

Attachments:
Paul Thompson version Ohio Valley Blue v2.sts [145.18 KiB]
Downloaded 233 times

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:50 pm 

It wasn't more punchy than the original on my equipment. But you were right, the Ohio preset is really well made, so i created another version with more punch and some additional tweaks (I also added wideband compressor, which made some weaker voices sound fuller). I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Attachments:
Ohio Valley (Martin).sts [146.81 KiB]
Downloaded 272 times

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:23 pm 

Greetings from Sarajevo. This tone with a compressor visited me as a sound from the 90's when I lived in Poreč Croatia during the war in Sarajevo until my return to Sarajevo in 1996. Poreč is on the border with Italy and at that time I could listen to so many Italian radio stations on the fm network that it even happened when you were driving that some Croatian radio stations overlapped, their transmitters were so strong. At that time, I just then heard this tone as Ohio Valley was done (Martin
This tone is not for my Balkan music, but it makes me nostalgic for that time. I was a 15-year-old boy at the time and I wondered how it was possible for Italians to have such a tone, and Croatian radio stations at that time did not have any sound processors that resembled Italian radio stations. However, I have a lot of American and English music in my computer, so I can go back to the time of 1994/1996 through this sound setting.
    Quote:
    It wasn't more punchy than the original on my equipment. But you were right, the Ohio preset is really well made, so i created another version with more punch and some additional tweaks (I also added wideband compressor, which made some weaker voices sound fuller). I hope you'll enjoy it. :)