All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:46 pm 

Attachment:
Array Low Bit Rate DAB Plus.sts [181.13 KiB]
Downloaded 204 times
I've created this preset for use with low bit rate DAB+ in mind.

It was used and tweaked on air for a DAB+ trial station (alternative rock/pop music) at 48kbps and 32kbps stereo HE-AAC v2/v1 at 48k sample rate.

It's set to peak at -4dBfs (on the post amplifier level) to allow overs which are inherit to the AAC+ encoding process which I'd recommend keeping to preserve the best audio quality in the high frequencies. Avoid setting this above -1.5dB for AAC+ if you really do need it extra loud.

The processing is probably a bit lighter than some, with the less is more mindset for these low bit rates and to avoid too much clipping, but there's still some nice compression and AGC to even out levels and give it that processed 'radio' sound.

There's some EQ which calms down the 8k region and does the usual boost in the low end and presence boost in the mid range and very high frequencies for a bit of extra 'sparkle'.

Let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:29 am 

Listen to this preset. I made this according to my capabilities because I am completely blind and a screen reader user, so I did this in the new web interface because we don't have that support in the stereo tools application itself, so I did this in the web interface, which of course I included from the .ini file. Consider that I only did this as a sound setting. Tell me what you think about this kind of sound? I did this for Balkan music because I am writing to you from Sarajevo.

Attachments:
File comment: Listen to this preset. I made this according to my capabilities because I am completely blind and a screen reader user, so I did this in the new web interface because we don't have that support in the stereo tools application itself, so I did this in the web interface, which of course I included from the .ini file. Consider that I only did this as a sound setting. Tell me what you think about this kind of sound? I did this for Balkan music because I am writing to you from Sarajevo.
Edo postavke 25.05.2023.sts [133.02 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:45 am 

tnks for sharring this! Listen on my stream www.radiobrunssum.nl :). its verry nice preset stereotool with proppfrexx.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:15 am 

I listened to this and it sounds really great. Can you send the preset setting here, because this is not the setting you sent to the forum as the first post. This sounds good, but I'm interested in how it sounds on my Balkan old and new music. How can I hear this? Greetings from Sarajevo.
Quote:
tnks for sharring this! Listen on my stream www.radiobrunssum.nl :). its verry nice preset stereotool with proppfrexx.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:26 pm 

Quote:
I listened to this and it sounds really great. Can you send the preset setting here, because this is not the setting you sent to the forum as the first post. This sounds good, but I'm interested in how it sounds on my Balkan old and new music. How can I hear this? Greetings from Sarajevo.
Quote:
tnks, i play it now with classics. i used a dx2000 mixer and stereotool with proppfrexx.

Greetings from the dutch. www.radiobrunssum.nl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:33 am 

Quote:
Array Low Bit Rate DAB Plus.sts
I've created this preset for use with low bit rate DAB+ in mind.

It was used and tweaked on air for a DAB+ trial station (alternative rock/pop music) at 48kbps and 32kbps stereo HE-AAC v2/v1 at 48k sample rate.

It's set to peak at -4dBfs (on the post amplifier level) to allow overs which are inherit to the AAC+ encoding process which I'd recommend keeping to preserve the best audio quality in the high frequencies. Avoid setting this above -1.5dB for AAC+ if you really do need it extra loud.

The processing is probably a bit lighter than some, with the less is more mindset for these low bit rates and to avoid too much clipping, but there's still some nice compression and AGC to even out levels and give it that processed 'radio' sound.

There's some EQ which calms down the 8k region and does the usual boost in the low end and presence boost in the mid range and very high frequencies for a bit of extra 'sparkle'.

Let me know what you think.
Thank you very much for sharing your great Preset - i made one on my own which sounded quiet similar, but a bit louder. In my personal Settings i tweaked it a bit and added Natural Dynamics