All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:57 pm 

Hi Guys,

Great forum, found a lot of great stuff although i'm new here!
I've been using StereoTool for many years with different settings overtime. Currently i'm using the Optimod settings from a different post which is great but it takes away to much low, for my taste.

What I would like to know if there are a kind of normalizer settings available. I don't want my tracks to be changed in any way just the volume should be the same generally.
As the tracks I use are heavily processed and mastered (mostly).
Older tracks just a more silent and I want to keep the same volume levels with older (2002) tracks and newer ones on the radio station.

Hope you can help me out!

Kind regards,
Roy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:12 pm 

You're essentially asking about the AGC. Try that in single-band mode.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:20 pm 

Thanks for you reply!
Would you suggest only to use the AGC (In single-band mode) and nothing else?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:23 am 

Quote:
Thanks for you reply!
Would you suggest only to use the AGC (In single-band mode) and nothing else?
I'm interested in this too.
I want to convert my music collection to mp3 to listen in my car and avoid adjusting the volume between songs.
Is there a preset you would suggest that does this?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:37 pm 

Do not expect instant classic normalization. It's "Audio processor" Yes you need AGC and clipper or limiter at end. AGC will go up and down constantly. Probably you will not like it when you play some track that have very soft and very loud parts in it.
Attachment:
2+3_Protection_v0.1_Bojcha-HD.sts [412.98 KiB]
Downloaded 424 times
But here it is, try it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:53 pm 

Quote:
Do not expect instant classic normalization. It's "Audio processor" Yes you need AGC and clipper or limiter at end. AGC will go up and down constantly. Probably you will not like it when you play some track that have very soft and very loud parts in it.
2+3_Protection_v0.1_Bojcha-HD.sts
But here it is, try it.
Bojcha, what to say... THANK YOU!

I'm testing it with some songs and so far it's been working perfectly!!!
No artifacts and great overall steady volume!!!
I'll add more and more songs to my test and let you know.

Thank you again, Audio Master.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:44 pm 

Thanks Bojcha! Much appreciated! Will give it a go :) and let you know

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:34 pm 

I've been experimenting with this new preset from Bojcha all afternoon, I've used it on about 25 songs and I confirm that it works great.
I've used the preset on single tracks with both Adobe Audition and Reaper with the same results.

I have an issue though, not related to the plugin itself: when I batch-convert the songs with Reaper, sometimes the intro of certain songs is different than when the same song is edited by itselft in Audition or Reaper (the volume is increased in about 2/4 seconds before reaching the level it should have).
I guess it's because during conversion the songs are processed so fast that the end of one is followed by the beginning of the next.

I tried checking the "VST workaround: Clean buffer at the start of new track" in Configuration/Plug-in but it doesn't work.

Any suggestion?
What do you guys use when batch-converting songs with a VST plugin like Stereo Tool?

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:00 pm 

Hi, in the past days I've tried both Reaper and Audition with Stereo Tool VST and Bojcha's latest preset.
I have latest versions of Reaper, Audition and Stereo Tool.
In both Reaper and Audition I have inconsistent results, always in the beginning of the tracks.
I've tried a lot of different combinations in each program and for the same song sometimes the ST plugin works as expected, sometimes the beginning of the song starts with rater low volume but the rest of the wave is identical.

I want to convert hundres of tracks with Bojcha's preset but I don't want to check the result every time.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:31 pm 

Hi. It's always been like that. With just one file too. The only difference that I've got compared to your case is that at the begining of the file there like a glitch sound. That's with sound forge, and the sound is almost inaudible.
Buut there's an issue like that with the DSP too.
I use AIMP player. Every time I stop a track and then double click on another one to start playing, the begining is alway a tiiiny part of the previous one.

Maybe there's a fix. I don't know.