All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: BigFlex6 HD/FM
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:37 pm 

Quote:
This is an awesome preset!

I'm using it on our internal network while our station is off air for the moment, gonna sound better than ever!
I just added the delossifier for a subtle improvement.

Just curious, does the FM preset have the same sound, or are there some variations?

Thanks Bojcha.
It is same, except Loudness level and PhR is ON.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:47 pm 

Quote:
Please can you tell me what settings I need to adjust?
The reason I asked about the Current AGC is because using BigFlex HD preset, when some songs crossfade the incoming song starts quieter than it should. The volume slowly increases to the normal level after 3-5 seconds after the song has started playing. This does not happen when I use the Current AGC. Is there any way I can prevent this happening using the Legacy AGC?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Please can you tell me what settings I need to adjust?
The reason I asked about the Current AGC is because using BigFlex HD preset, when some songs crossfade the incoming song starts quieter than it should. The volume slowly increases to the normal level after 3-5 seconds after the song has started playing. This does not happen when I use the Current AGC. Is there any way I can prevent this happening using the Legacy AGC?
Not true, that will always happen with any AGC if level diff is huge, question is will it happen faster or slower. You can always try to set release (upspeed) faster tho.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:04 am 

Why do I get the "This sound is processed by Stereo Tool" ad when I load up the FM preset (final version) and process a song in WatchCat?
It also warns me about putting "depracated settings in default values" when I load this preset in Stereo Tool (v 9.92).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:57 am 

Quote:
Why do I get the "This sound is processed by Stereo Tool" ad when I load up the FM preset (final version) and process a song in WatchCat?
It also warns me about putting "depracated settings in default values" when I load this preset in Stereo Tool (v 9.92).
Hey, you probably have not licensed some part of ST, and if can guess, it';s probably dynamic speeds in MB.
Yes, preset uses deprecated settings and should be used.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:50 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hey, you probably have not licensed some part of ST, and if can guess, it';s probably dynamic speeds in MB.
Yes, preset uses deprecated settings and should be used.
This is what I have (see attachment). So I have that.

I even tried clicking that "turn unlicenced features off" but I get that ad everytime!

A bug maybe?

Attachments:
licence.JPG
licence.JPG [ 44.7 KiB | Viewed 3210 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:54 am 

Turn unlicensed features off should work, if not, it's bugged.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:58 am 

Quote:
Turn unlicensed features off should work, if not, it's bugged.
Yeah and I never get that ad when using the integrated FM presets on Stereo Tool.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:04 pm 

Hi Bojcha,
thank you for these new presets.
They are great in achieving constant LUFS even from very different sources and musical genres.

I've noticed that in some songs (one is Abba's "Mamma mia"), there's like a slight decrease in volume in the sound of the instruments played at the beginning.
In Mamma mia when the guitar enters at about 8 seconds, the melody played before goes down a little bit in volume.
Is it possible to correct this? How?

Thank you for your time.
Adam.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:31 pm 

Quote:
Hi Bojcha,
thank you for these new presets.
They are great in achieving constant LUFS even from very different sources and musical genres.

I've noticed that in some songs (one is Abba's "Mamma mia"), there's like a slight decrease in volume in the sound of the instruments played at the beginning.
In Mamma mia when the guitar enters at about 8 seconds, the melody played before goes down a little bit in volume.
Is it possible to correct this? How?

Thank you for your time.
Adam.
Will check whats happening there.

edit: Checked. First, it's not that bad, actually not bad at all, also not avoidable since instruments are hitting same band in MB.
https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/AUSv8e6P/file.html

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next