All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: BigFlex6 HD/FM
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Bojcha,
thank you for these new presets.
They are great in achieving constant LUFS even from very different sources and musical genres.

I've noticed that in some songs (one is Abba's "Mamma mia"), there's like a slight decrease in volume in the sound of the instruments played at the beginning.
In Mamma mia when the guitar enters at about 8 seconds, the melody played before goes down a little bit in volume.
Is it possible to correct this? How?

Thank you for your time.
Adam.
Will check whats happening there.

edit: Checked. First, it's not that bad, actually not bad at all, also not avoidable since instruments are hitting same band in MB.
https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/AUSv8e6P/file.html
Thank you Bojcha for your answer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:53 pm 

Hello!

Why do you suggest Auto EQ is not recommended?

Thank you!
Quote:
BigFlex6_v0.7_BojchaHD.sts
BigFlex6_v0.9_BojchaHD.sts
BigFlex6_v0.10_BojchaHD.sts
BigFlex6_v0.13B_BojchaHD.sts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably final version.
BigFlex6_v0.19_BojchaHD.sts
BigFlex6_v0.19_BojchaFM.sts

- If you need more or less range in AGC, simply go to AGC and adjust 'Drive'. It depends on your input level.
- Preset use low range in MB, so if you need more spectrum control, just enable 'Auto EQ'. (not recommended)
- BASS: If you want less or even more bass, i make it easy, go to MB2 and adjust 'BandMix' of band1. Normal range for that settings would be -3 to +3 where 0 is kinda normal, but it really depend on type of music and personal taste. 0dB is really neutral.
- IF you need it to be louder, best would be to rise MB2 output (not recommended)
- For that optimod non-linear flavor sound, just turn ON "Phase Delay", all adjusted, - it'll also clean some source and processing distortions.
- Tip: Always use "Don't process highs", for some reason that thing fixes almost all artifacts in Deep BASS! + 130-150% "Audio Quality" - Sane. Thanks to Beneyto for asking me to test this. In the same time do not use LPF more then 18200 exactly. For FM you will not have calibration so turn it OFF if you need FM calibration.

* For FM version best would be to "Load all audio and FM settings" - however it will reset your RDS settings so be sure to have backup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final version (pack)
Pack contains 3 versions - HD, FM and HD -12lufs.
Many changes in Final version, much more consistant rms level, super protection for loud bursts - kinda bullet proof, spectrum redefined (much more open, yet much processed), better punch in clipper, better ND.. many small changes everywhere!
BigFlex6_Final_Bojcha.rar
-_-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:03 pm 

Thanks for best preset that sounfs good. But i'm newbie in this theme, cant understand how a should up the bass in finsl preset for HD? i open Multiband2 but cant find 'BandMix' of band1.

Could you please help?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:39 am 

Hi Bojcha,
Thanks for the nice preset. Unfortunately I noticed some trouble with the Track "Fly to me" from Caroline Polachek. Do you have an idea what I can change in the preset so this song or songs like this work, too?

I am using Stereotool v 9.92 (Winamp Plug-in). I normalized all my Tracks to -23 LUFS. Does this fit with your preset or am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited by Ek95 on Thu May 11, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:44 am 

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I am using the preset for -12 LUFS. But on Air everything should be in -11 LUFS. Tracks are as mentioned normalized to -23 LUFS in Radioboss.

Thanks!
edit: I changed the -LUFS numbers, sorry I had to correct myself. But the problem remains, also the pumping effect.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:00 am 

Quote:
Hi Bojcha,
Thanks for the nice preset. Unfortunately I noticed some trouble with the Track "Fly to me" from Caroline Polachek. Do you have an idea what I can change in the preset so this song or songs like this work, too?

I am using Stereotool v 9.92 (Winamp Plug-in). I normalized all my Tracks to -23 LUFS. Does this fit with your preset or am I doing something wrong here?
Maybe you have running some kind of audio processing or normalization in Radio Boss. BigFlex 6 is the best preset. I've uploaded and processed with Stereotool and BF6 preset and there is any pumping at all. Please listen carefully: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17eeghK ... share_link
By the way you don't need to [normalized] your tracks, this preset was made it for manage the audio input with any pre-processes or normalization.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:19 am 

Quote:
I forgot to mention in the previous post that I am using the preset for -12 LUFS. But on Air everything should be in -11 LUFS. Tracks are as mentioned normalized to -23 LUFS in Radioboss.

Thanks!
edit: I changed the -LUFS numbers, sorry I had to correct myself. But the problem remains, also the pumping effect.
The preset was setting up to -12 LUFS using Pink Noise at the input of Stereotool... it can differ with your program.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 2:35 pm 

Quote:

By the way you don't need to [normalized] your tracks, this preset was made it for manage the audio input with any pre-processes or normalization.
Thanks, so the issue I am having can't be because of the -23 LUFS normalization?

I am now working with the StudioOne-Preset for -11 LUFS from Bojcha. Seems to be fine with -23 LUFS normalized tracks. But please correct me if I am wrong. Although I sometimes get the AGC-errors (input level too low) and "Noise gate removing more audio than usually needed" - is this important?

I have no other audio processing in RadioBoss.

What do you mean with PinkNoise?

(It can also be that my ears are hearing something that isn't really there - after testing a dozen of presets and configurations that wouldn't surprise me :D )

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:20 am 

Hi,

I want to test this preset again (for a webradio), cause it hast more dynamic than StudioOne. But my Problem is that i need -11lufs. What must I Change?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:37 pm 

Hi, I can't find any information about how the input level must be in this preset - can someone help please?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next