All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Hello NINE! (fm)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:15 pm 

Quote:
After testing this preset in FM Stereo I found that the bass is too loud in some cars (Toyota Corolla) and the highs a bit upset in my home setup (JBL Control One)... I think that it was designed with this purpose: loud bass and highs. For my taste I prefer the StudioOne Preset, much pleasant for listen in almost all situations. :D
Well, those two are very different. :) Watch carefully, you can't say that easy that bass is too loud, for some it's never too loud :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:58 pm 

It's weird. In that car (Toyota Corolla) is very notorious, upset with some songs...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:50 pm 

Any updates, Bojcha? 0.16 still the latest?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:22 pm 

Quote:
Thanks Bojcha, for the very good preset.
I tried to tweak it a little bit further for HD use (so non FM).
Instead of only 1 band AGC I experimented with 4 bands AGC. That adds even some more punch.

And besides that I'm still a big fan of the Basstardizer to get that real warm (sub)bass without getting to bassy.
So instead of the 'True Bass' which is originally used by Bojcha, this version works with the Basstardizer to get that real thick bottom end.

That's what I treid to achieve in this tweaked Hello Nine HD version. Big credits to Bojcha.

Feel free to comment and make it even more better ;-)
Hi Danny K,
in my search for the "universal" preset to use to encode music for my car, I have to say that yours is almost pretty perfect.
I've tried it on some 40 songs, from classical to metal, and I love it, but I'd like it to raise the perceived loudness of songs with an original low volume (i.e. Amy Winehouse's Back to black) so that when changing song the next one the volume is consistent.
Which setting do you suggest me to tweak in the main page of ST: loudness, pre amplifier, both? Or something else?

Thank you!
Adam

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:46 am 

With the new v.9.90 Stereotool I've re try this preset. Maybe is only me, but I think that it sounds better now that is a "stock" preset... and now I liked, even more that StudioOne... and for streaming I've made some mods for make it less loud and to get -14 LUFS. Wow Bojcha, maybe I'm going crazy or you make some changes to this preset before to send it for the v.9.90 release.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm 

Quote:
With the new v.9.90 Stereotool I've re try this preset. Maybe is only me, but I think that it sounds better now that is a "stock" preset... and now I liked, even more that StudioOne... and for streaming I've made some mods for make it less loud and to get -14 LUFS. Wow Bojcha, maybe I'm going crazy or you make some changes to this preset before to send it for the v.9.90 release.
I really don't know what version Hans put in there. Usually should be last one.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:02 am 

I think that is v0.16. But I remember (maybe I am wrong) that Hello Nine was more loudness that StudioOne and actually StudioOne is around 1 dB more loudness that Hello Nine :o . There is a bug with your last presets (StudioOne and Hello NINE!), when load it the FM Transmitter is ON (even if is loaded from WEB/DAB/HD RADIO PRESETS) and the audio sounds with FM process. Is needed to deactivate the FM Transmitter.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:29 pm 

Quote:
I think that is v0.16. But I remember (maybe I am wrong) that Hello Nine was more loudness that StudioOne and actually StudioOne is around 1 dB more loudness that Hello Nine :o . There is a bug with your last presets (StudioOne and Hello NINE!), when load it the FM Transmitter is ON (even if is loaded from WEB/DAB/HD RADIO PRESETS) and the audio sounds with FM process. Is needed to deactivate the FM Transmitter.
hmm idk whats going on.. will later upload directly from transmitter also bit newer ver.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:25 pm 

The FM Out version is louder than StudioOne, but the streaming output is less louder that StudioOne. I was testing this morning and the sound settings in the ST v9.90 are the same that the Hello NINE v0.16.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:38 pm 

Quote:
The FM Out version is louder than StudioOne, but the streaming output is less louder that StudioOne. I was testing this morning and the sound settings in the ST v9.90 are the same that the Hello NINE v0.16.
Oh that might be true then :) But i think HD output i should make same loudness.