All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:02 pm 

Quote:
Was bored so went back to this preset and added a HF Enhancer using 1 channels of natural dynamics.

Gives it that nice sparkle.. a bit like what Orban call Brilliance

Enjoy!

This version sounds awful the treble sounds almost maxed and the mids and high are to low

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Was bored so went back to this preset and added a HF Enhancer using 1 channels of natural dynamics.

Enjoy!

This version sounds awful the treble sounds almost maxed and the mids and high are to low
treble is maxed but the highs are too low? that makes no sense whatsoever

what speakers/headphones do you have?

I have Sony Professional headphones and Adam T7V speakers and sounds relatively flat...

The AGC isnt exactly the way I like it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:19 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy!

treble is maxed but the highs are too low? that makes no sense whatsoever

what speakers/headphones do you have?

I have Sony Professional headphones and Adam T7V speakers and sounds relatively flat...

The AGC isnt exactly the way I like it yet.
I have a Kenwood KR 5030 with Polk Audio RT16 floor speakers hookup to my computer

The previous version sounds 30% better than the newest version of your settings

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:08 am 

The updated version of this preset is a huge hit in our household! Just like commercial radio stations, it is really pleasant to be able to clearly hear every track, even at low volumes. Also the lack of “boomy” fat bass extension a lot of other presets use is a very big positive in my opinion.

I agree with Dale however, the AGC could be a little more tight. Sometimes you still have to nudge that volume knob because the music is currently allowed too much room to alternate between volume levels.

In terms of general sound however: I think it is a HUGE update to the older versions of this preset, which honestly sounded nice but a little unremarkable. It must indeed be that spark that is now infused into it which makes the new version very special.

Edit: After listening to the radio in the car yesterday, comparing it to this preset the sound comes very close. I would however recommend to increase that “brilliance” even more. On commercial radio stations the highs seems even more extended, providing comfortable listening even at low volumes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:45 am 

Quote:
G'day all
Made some changes to the AGC and Dynamics

I'm still using the philosophy that less is more!

Enjoy and happy processing!
Really enjoy this version so far!