All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:01 pm 

Hello together,
after using Stereo Tool for a couple of years now i decided to share my latest preset.
Based on the phantastic StudioOne HD from Bojcha and further the TapeRender version from dnz2dbt i've refined the preset to give a smooth crystal clear sound on the Sennheiser IE100PRO InEars.
The IE100PRO are very heavy in the mids and can really hurt if you turn them up too high.
This preset smoothes out those agressive mids and makes it more comfortable to listen to.

Word of warning up ahead. This preset is a pure HiFi preset and not usable for Broadcast. There a absolutly zero optimations for Broadcast. Use at your own risk.
There are no FM or IO Settings in the preset.

Following the rough outline what i've changed from the StudioOne HD.

[*]Bandpass changed to 45/18.3k (everything below 45 makes no sense with those small drivers, 18k is upper limit according data sheets)
[*]Overall Speeds for AGC MB1 and MB2 are slower (very small changes. MB Attak Times multiplier went up from 3.3 to 3.5)
[*]Backported the Auto EQ Settings and gain Stages from dnz2dbt TapeRender version.
[*]AutoEQ Added Max Cut 1db to the lower Bands and limited max boost of the upper two bands to 6 and 4db so there isn't so much high frequency hiss (which is very very obvious on the IE100Pro) when boosted
[*]Effect of True Bass is lowered to 0.4 (Band1) and 0.3 (Band 2)
[*]Natural Dynamics Effect strengh upped to 0.9
[*]AGC runs in Matrix mode to give a little bit more stereo width.
[*]ACR Stereo gives a maximum stereo boost of 15% if needed
[*]Bass Clipper drive 0db

Now comes the big part.
[*]Final Singleband compressor output level 0db (no boost!)
[*]Advanced Clipper drive 0db

This gives a rough target level of about -6dbFS with a nice headroom for a punchy kick drum and snare.
Overshoots up to -0.3db
Also Bass Clipper and Clipper roughly only drop 1db(ish) so nearly no clipping at all.

Greetings Tarakesh

Disclaimer: This preset was made with MY set of Sennheiser IE100Pro and MY Ears. It can sound totally different to anybody else even with the same headphones.

Attachments:
Sennheiser IE100Pro.sts [140.94 KiB]
Downloaded 384 times