All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:13 pm 

Hi guys, am very late to using Stereo Tool DSP for Winamp and am really liking it much... thanks alot.

My question is if there has been a plugin made (stereo tool .sts settings plugin) specifically to improve stereo cinema audio? I would like to use it with Zoom Player chaining it at the end of the stereo audio chain via ffdshow raw audio. Am playing around with lots of the plugins posted here in this subforum and wow they sound great with music and work fine with Zoom Player as I described but they just don't sound as great watching a tv show or movie (I guess because of all the talking) plus are very cpu intensive.

If there hasn't been can you please recommend a very simple non cpu straining .sts plugin that you think might go well with cinema? Just want to improve my audio a bit as Zoom Player while it's pretty awesome for video config doesn't have much in the way of improving audio. I guess they expect everybody to just passthrough EAC3/Dolby these days...

Cheers guys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:44 am 

You can try the "Dry", "Golden Punch" or "Plain" presets from my "Maximizer" collection:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3831

I use OBS Studio to watch YT (streaming) videos on my TV processed with my presets by using the VST plugin version of Stereotool. The "Golden Punch" also works with film content.

But be aware Stereotool distorts a Dolby ProLogic II encoding of 5.1 surround sound in the stereo channels.

Why OBS: It captures the video/audio content of a desktop or only the window of a program and can stream it to a certain output of your graphics/audio card. So you can use any kind of software to play video/audio, process it with OBS and then put it out on a selected audio/video device connected to your PC (or even record it as MP4 on your PC or live stream it out into the internets).
OBS Studio: https://obsproject.com/