All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm 

Could you check steepness value problem i reported here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2811&p=9184#p9184

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 pm 

Quote:
Could you check steepness value problem i reported here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2811&p=9184#p9184
Well sorry about that. It crept in inadvertantly for I was testing the effect of a high Q on the MB section. Didn't revert to optimal values prior posting. You can change it to default 0.3~0.35 from the sts file.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:24 pm 

Currently, I am posting a draft of a preset I worked on this weekend which comes remarkably close to Omnia 6 EXi signature(of a local FM station).
Tracks tested:
Alejandro, Already Gone, Complicated, Father Figure, Genie In a Bottle, Halo, It Must've Been Love, Sailing, Only You, Un-break My Heart
and many more.
Tailored using VST of ver 6.10...
Things that you'd notice are different from other presets in StereoTool:
Consistent Vocal Timbre and Bass Kick
SoundTracks that comprise of drums no longer sound like 'tin-cans'
Note: First Load the preset and then play the track. Coming from any other preset to this one, imparts a weird sound because of the transition of MB settings change.
Would update as and when I can avail a little leisure.
Attachment:
File comment: Omnia 6 EXi Draft
Omnia 6 EXi.zip [1.84 KiB]
Downloaded 2308 times
Important Edit: Please update the EQ for Band 7 in MB to 1.5 i.e.
Equalizer position - Band 7=1.5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:30 am 

Sounds good in the new 6.10! Nice ballsy bass and pretty smooth processing over the spectrum. Why the slow tilt downward of audio from 60 Hz to 18 KHz tho in your analyzer screen shot? By design?

I also had problems tweaking the eq. I had to uncheck the link box above and then all eq's went to 1.98. But got band 7 adjusted to 1.5.

{Edit} Oh. After more experimenting I see the "link" check box is not for the eq arrays, but for the decay sliders above it. Pardon my fumbling while getting accustomed to all the settings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:31 pm 

Quote:
Sounds good in the new 6.10! Nice ballsy bass and pretty smooth processing over the spectrum. Why the slow tilt downward of audio from 60 Hz to 18 KHz tho in your analyzer screen shot? By design?
I also had problems tweaking the eq. I had to uncheck the link box above and then all eq's went to 1.98. But got band 7 adjusted to 1.5.
{Edit} Oh. After more experimenting I see the "link" check box is not for the eq arrays, but for the decay sliders above it. Pardon my fumbling while getting accustomed to all the settings.
Thanks, packzap for testing the preset and the feedback.
The downward tilt that you observe in the spectrum, that's how the frequency content of the Omnia recordings(indigo) averaged out. So I just tried to make my preset(green) come as close as possible to it.
About the EDIT in my previous post, I feel I might have made it sound a little cryptic. I intended to alter Band-7 of the STS file which corresponds to Band9 of the GUI in Stereo Tool. The numbering of bands in STS file is little weird for it begins with -1. So please make the requisite alteration from the STS file and not from the GUI.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 pm 

Continuing with the draft preset that I created, I created a preset which sounds really nice for trance, electronic and progressive. Would post it this weekend if I find it consistently good for tracks of this genre.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:15 pm 

I tried the new preset. I like it to say the least :) Great job as always on these presets.
I'm looking forward to hearing your new preset for Trance/Electronic as I play lots of that type of music.
Thanks for taking the time to make these!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:42 pm 

Quote:
So please make the requisite alteration from the STS file and not from the GUI.
Ah yes, easier to make more granular adjustments from the .sts file itself.

My thoughts on the sound, streamed thru 48 kb aac: this is a good warm, natural and soft setting preset. The upper midrange and hi frequencies do sound a tad bit lacking in detail (as the frequency trace reflects). Maybe if I activate the "lossy compression" pre-emphasis setting, this will spark it up a bit.

Anyway, in summary the preset is a lovely, fine, smooth and non-obtrusive sounding preset for all types of content with no detectable pumping artifacts. Something that's hard to successfully achieve. Nice work on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:01 pm 

Oh, God, this is sweet. I joined this board just to be able to thank you for sharing this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:04 am 

Quote:
Oh, God, this is sweet. I joined this board just to be able to thank you for sharing this.
Thank you so much.
Glad that your appreciation for my work made you to join this wonderful forum. Hope you'll have a great time interacting with other forum members as well.