All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 pm 

Quote:
Check it.
Good preset. I recognized some of the settings 8-)
Some things are strange, like, bandpass and multiband input level.

For "never Phase linear" it's enough to be 29Hz. and 15.8kHz should be higher (if not intentionally), or maybe that BBC stream have stream that cuts somewhere at 16khz.
Do not set Bandpass to " Phase linear" or you will have mane voice and other distortion.

MB input: MB sometime can't resist that high input, especially tracks with highs bass/lowbass level, Like in r'n'b/rap genre.

For FM "Clips After Punch" should be at 90% too and "slip bellow 150Hz" at at least to 85% to.

Anyway .. sound is good, something that I like.

Thanks Bojcha for testing and the feedback. I had this intuition that what salvo was referring to is a function of the bass content in the source material and may sound excessive after de-emphasis for the kind of genres you mentioned.

As an alternative for those who intend to broadcast content with heavy bass, I am uploading an improvised version based on your feedback.
Here it is:
Attachment:
File comment: BBC Radio 1 For Hi Bass Content Source
BBC Radio 1 For Hi Bass Content Source.zip [2.67 KiB]
Downloaded 1493 times
Bear in mind that this is only for modern tracks which have clipped bass content. Retro soundtracks will sound below par as compared to the original BBC Radio 1 default preset.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:56 pm 

I really like this preset...I like the original, not the "hi-bass content" version. Everything comes out "even" and the multiband compressor's bars are smooth all across from left to right.

Only thing I did was take of AGC but I do that with all presets. Thanks for this good preset.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:56 pm 

Quote:
I really like this preset...I like the original, not the "hi-bass content" version. Everything comes out "even" and the multiband compressor's bars are smooth all across from left to right.

Only thing I did was take of AGC but I do that with all presets. Thanks for this good preset.
Thanks baires. You might then like the updated version too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 pm 

This is the updated version which is tailored in accordance with the improvements in Final Release of Stereo Tool v6.

Hans, if it's not too late could you please update it in the final release. Thanks.

Download Link:
Attachment:
File comment: Phoenix Pristine
Phoenix Stereo Tool v6 Final.zip [2.66 KiB]
Downloaded 1256 times

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Updated! Building release now :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 am 

Improvised Pristine preset for Trance, Electronic, Progressive, Hip-hop genres. Streaming at http://78.159.97.251:14068/stream.aac.m3u (until 3:30 AM UTC). Would post the preset soon after trial run. Just did a comparison with TechnoBase FM of Shoutcast directory. My station's sound is way cleaner and louder than that. Feedback most welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 am 

Didn't get to hear it, but you should share the preset with us! After your BBC preset (my favorite of any preset I've tried) I'm looking forward to see your other work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:40 pm 

Quote:
Didn't get to hear it, but you should share the preset with us! After your BBC preset (my favorite of any preset I've tried) I'm looking forward to see your other work.
As we say better late than never! Her you go... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 pm 

Alright, this is my last take at creating a very transparent, high quality generic preset before I get entangled with my new job post Monday. Yes you read it right- generic. Any genre, any style. Though I have developed it listening to a local FM station employing Omnia 6 EX FM, but since I donot have an FM Xmitter, I DONOT claim these presets are intended for FM Broadcast. Use it at your own peril or better still make necessary changes. But these are right out of the box presets for Internet Streaming.

The first preset is improved version of Pristine. Throw any thing at it. You won't be disappointed! From Enya to Eminem...it's clean and transparent. The second one is Omnia 6 EX which is like the Big Brother of the former. Loudness at 2.6 without losing clarity and bass kick.
Both of them have been tailored using beta 12 of ver 6.01 (VST plugin).

Now for streaming I tested it with Edcast. I did NOT apply lossy compression pre-emphasis to retain every quarter decibel of highs and also kept the Post Amp at full scale. But I did attenuate the specific Encoder in Edcast by 0.5 dB for mp3(using Lame 3.98 rev 4) and LC-AAC(Coding Technologies). For streaming in low bitrate he-AAC+ say at 48kbps, please attenuate by atleast 1~1.5 dB. By doing so I didn't get any spikes clipped at 0 dB.
Download both the presets and decide which one suits your requirements. Enjoy and have a fatigue free listening ...
BTW, forgot the obvious bit...feedback as usual most welcome! :)

Pristine Preset:
Attachment:
File comment: Pristine Preset
Pristine.zip [2.56 KiB]
Downloaded 963 times
Omnia 6 EX :
Attachment:
File comment: Omnia 6 EX Preset
Omnia 6 EX.zip [2.56 KiB]
Downloaded 1573 times

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 am 

Tweaked Pristine for Stereo Tool v6.1