All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Baires' Radio 1.0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:49 am 

Quote:
But now I still don't know if I like this one. :shock: Will listen again later..
I have not the time to test this updated version.

Generally it is really difficult to compare two presets (as long as the difference in quality is not gigantic).
The main problem is the nonlinearity of the human hearing system.
It is very important to compensate differences in loudness with the Post Amp slider exactly (using temporary saved presets with adjusted Post Amp).
2 or even 1 dB in subjective loudness (not the setting of the slider in Stereo Tool - the actually perceived loudness is meant) makes a big difference.

Though I really hate this whole loudness war thing, I have to admit that is all based on this nonlinearity of the human hearing system.
Louder sounds better (you choose the louder preset as winner even it is worse in spectral balance and micro dynamic tonality) using normal listening loudness.
So the only way to decide what preset is really better, is to compensate the perceived loudness exactly as possible.
And finally (even if you use a loudness compensation as described) the nonlinear human perception leads to the phenomenon that sometimes one preset sounds better as the other one at very low listening loudness, but at medium or at loud volume it is the other way round.