All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:28 pm 

It really sounds very close to the original. One sound tip might be brighter than that, that would be the only care thing you could adjust

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:17 pm 

Very good sound and simple (less is more :) ). I understand that de 8182a is Optimod TV... what's is the preset that emulate the 8100?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:45 pm 

Sounds much better now, it would be clearly interesting if you can emulate the and optimod pc 1101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:46 am 

Hi, I noticed that this preset is set to give an FM multiplex output. As I am not using it to feed a transmitter directly (just using it as part of an audio chain) does it make any difference to the sound if I just switch off the FM multiplex output and take a standard audio feed instead? Basically the way the 8182a works as it doesn't have a built-in stereo coder anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:02 am 

Yes, I have an 8182a in my hi-fi rack and just use the tag-strip connections to get a de-emphasised output (the test jacks will give you a pre-emph output) - although the HF limiter section on my unit is faulty and so I'm getting a lot of treble rolloff above 2kHz. As I'm now suffering from severe hearing loss, I can't be bothered paying to get it repaired, so that's why I'm interested in getting a similar sound from a software processor like of StereoTool.

I had made a custom setting for the 8182a back when I had good hearing ...

Clipping +1
HF Limit 5
Release 3
Bass Coupling 2
Gate Threshold 4
with the Release Shape set to linear and the Loudness Control switched out,
and set the input levels to get -15dB of total gain reduction (shown as -5dB on the far left vertical meter) during the loudest parts of your music playback.

This will give a good, punchy FM radio compression type sound (without pumping) for most musical styles. Feel free to try it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:15 am 

I've just uploaded this on YouTube with my vintage 8100+XT2 audio processing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXAJe-mtKRE
If you find a preset that's sound like this, I'll take it guys!
Thanks