All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:53 pm 

Quote:
i always loved the audio quality of Australia's ABC classic FM station and for 3 years always tried to replicate the sound. it is so smooth and the quality is extreamly high quality i can turn the volume to the highest (well only for a few seconds to prevent hearing problems) and it has no distortion whatsoever. i was in the hunt for years to find out what processor they used. after years of unsucessfull attempts, i finaly found out the processor (not telling anyone how) and i started to read he manual and carefully analyse it with the help of all other OPTIMOD manuals including from the 8100 way to the 8700. i then started to replicate the audio chain in StereoTool and wow, that was not fun at all. but after so much time, i finaly made a preset that sound so close.

i was able to acheive this by recording the ABC transmissions off air and compared it to the unprocessed audio. every single thing i heard, even voice sounds so much better off air than unprocessed and i started to make a preset that processes the audio so it can sound like it. what took so long is trying to find out the multiband crossovers, wow, man, ohh, that was one thing i hopefully dont have to do again but the manual of the OPTIMOD 1101 saved everything, as it shows the center frequencys of the multiband filters. i assume all the other 5 band digital OPTIMODS use a similar crossover and i adjusted everything until i got it right. The multiband limiter, dont get me started as i can write a whole page explaining what happened during the experementing. but just recently, i finaly made a preset.

My preset starts out at the phase delay acting as a phase rotator (its off but can be switched on as ABC turned it off because of classical programing), 2 band AGC, the multiband1 as a 5 band comprssor, multiband 2 as a multiband limiter and then, the advanced clipper as the final limiter. im very happy with this preset but i do NOT own a digital OPTIMOD so i have missed somthing but still, i am planing to get an OPTIMOD PC 1101, which is mostly similar to the rest of the OPTIMOD models and once i find one, ill make this preset better.
I use this preset on www.erens.nu (oldies). listen it, and give a revieuw. flac audio to mp3 and vinyl to mp3.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:16 am 

Im Glad you got your Optimod TV and it worked.