All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 pm 

Hey everyone,

I am not good at all with preset settings or any of that with ST. I have been using the presets taht have come with ST since version 3.xx.

I have read of this Omnia Audio thing around here and I am wondering if this station (http://hot97.com/)'s live stream uses that. Regardless, how could I get that sound signature out of ST? The bass is never compromised in their sound but yet it's very pleasing to the ear. Nothing comes out super loud that it covers up the other sounds.

If anyone could help make some preset like this I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd be willing to pay for that sound as well.

Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:35 pm 

have you tried this ?

download/file.php?id=112

It might be what you're looking for. FM sound tends to have small dynamics nowadays and loud volume.
Omnia (and most other contemporary sound processors) have a "secret" technique of clipping medium and high
frequencies (combined with slow-attack compression - 600-800ms); this reduces dynamics and, combined with
lightly compressed bass, provides a loud and almost constant volume.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not bad I'm trying it now. The one thing I did was turn off BASS BOOST but that's just my preference. I like that I can hear all sounds and it has that FM radio type sound I was looking for.

If anyone thinks there is something better, go ahead and suggest it. I'm willing to try all presets.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:29 pm 

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Not bad I'm trying it now. The one thing I did was turn off BASS BOOST but that's just my preference. I like that I can hear all sounds and it has that FM radio type sound I was looking for.

Thanks again.
Hey, you're most welcome.
If you want more aggressive sounds, with less bass, try this one... Preset 28 :)
It's louder, but on some badly recorded files it might cause distortion...

Enjoy !

Attachments:
!28 Louder.zip [2.44 KiB]
Downloaded 496 times

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:41 pm 

Well I found what I like. I like the second one you posted better. But I have the latest version of Stereo Tool and an old version 3.40 and use the preset: Soft FM Trans (US, Stereo) then I use my soundcard's software and reduce the 100 bar on the EQ. The sound is great for my tastes. Also, some songs sound better with the second preset you posted grasul.

Thanks again I doubt there is something better out there but if there is, suggestions are still welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:57 pm 

Quote:
Thanks again I doubt there is something better out there but if there is, suggestions are still welcome.
There's always room for improvement :)

One more piece of advice for both you and everyone downloading my presets "27" and "28"...

You can get better high-frequency response of you use a good quality analogue graphic equalizer immediatly the signal exists the soundcard....

I have the following curve :

16KHz +6dB
14KHz +4dB
12KHz +3dB
6KHz +3,2dB
3KHz +3,2dB
1KHz +4,2dB
600Hz +2dB

All the rest are at +0dB

Good luck !