All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:54 am 

Hi Folks!
In the last few days i have been working intensively on an Aphex 2020 MK2 (or MK3) Preset.
I have been enthusiastic about this Aphex-Processors for a long time, in my opinion this Aphex 2020 has a perfect bass and clear mid-range reproduction and the highs are not imposing either.

Unfortunately i didn't find much documentation about this Processor on the Internet.
I don't know if the Aphex 2020 MK2 / MK3 Audio is 100% phase linear, and i don't know what the center frequencies of the individual bands of the Aphex are. But i did my best to replicate this sound!

If you want you can give me tipps on how to improve my Preset! ;)

Edit 18.01.21 : I almost completely renewed my preset!
It's now much closer to the original. Version 0.2.2 / Requires Stereo Tool 9.62

Attachments:
Aphex 2020 Beta 0.2.2.sts [127.34 KiB]
Downloaded 453 times

Last edited by Krokodil on Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:47 pm 

Quote:
Do you have the 2020 ? I have one here and was actually trying to come up with a mild ST preset to put ahead of it to fill some of the missing.. or I guess- phantom overtones or harmonics ST is known for to give the 2020 a bit extra layering but still retain its clarity and punch. Not sure if its possible. Anyway if you do have a 2020, wondering if you've tried this with any luck by chance?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Do you have the 2020 ? I have one here and was actually trying to come up with a mild ST preset to put ahead of it to fill some of the missing.. or I guess- phantom overtones or harmonics ST is known for to give the 2020 a bit extra layering but still retain its clarity and punch. Not sure if its possible. Anyway if you do have a 2020, wondering if you've tried this with any luck by chance?
No, I don't have one, but there has been a radio station here in the past that probably used one.
I heard the station very often, so I can still remember the sound.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, I don't have one, but there has been a radio station here in the past that probably used one.
I heard the station very often, so I can still remember the sound.
WLNG on Long Island used one and sounded real good. Better then I think, than now. After some recent side by side tweaking I can say that stereo tool can't replicate the 2020's character but I can try to get it as close as it will go. On the flipside, for most of the popular ST presets the 2020 can't replicate it! It's a pretty clean signal path, mostly true to the source without adding alot and it can't add harmonics.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 pm 

I almost completely renewed my preset!
It's now much closer to the original.

Attachments:
Aphex 2020 Beta 0.2.2.sts [127.34 KiB]
Downloaded 558 times

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:10 pm 

Just discovered this. It's really good! Sounds like a proper radio station to my (very untrained) ears. Thanks for making!