All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1524 Next
 Post subject: Re: StudioOne HD / FM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:26 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[...]
Attached my current version of the Studio One, Tape Render preset. (FYI I'm using fabfilter L2 at the end, only for -1dBTP, zero gain & oversampling, so "Hard Limit" is off in stereotool)
I'll put a few examples of different sounding tapes too and upload here, so anyone can hear what the deal is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rUwlbD ... sp=sharing

Here's a update

MB1 Band 7 slightly increased attack, increased Density to+7.65
lowered threshold t -16.83 and mix is +3.8db, feedback is now at 81%
MB2 Band 4 changed density to +2.76, threshold is now at -18.06, Relative stop is now off, Mix is at +4.13 and ratio of 2.5
Auto Eq band 5 increased strength to 75%
and Azimuth change speed from 0.50um/s to 0.63um/s

I hope this yields better results.
Thanks a lot. I'll try this in the days to come. :)

Bojcha: You wrote some place in this thread to ask you for your advice how to change the spectra of the outcome of this preset the proper way.
I'd actually like to know how you would do to rebalance your preset to give slightly (+ 1-1,5dB) more bass & sub-bass - without messing everything else up.
Easy, Go to bass clipper and rise "drive".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 am 

Quote:
Easy, Go to bass clipper and rise "drive".
Thank you. It works perfectly.
The preset went from good to great in an instant :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:23 am 

Quote:
Here's an update

MB1 Band 7 slightly increased attack, increased Density to+7.65
lowered threshold t -16.83 and mix is +3.8db, feedback is now at 81%
MB2 Band 4 changed density to +2.76, threshold is now at -18.06, Relative stop is now off, Mix is at +4.13 and ratio of 2.5
Auto Eq band 5 increased strength to 75%
and Azimuth change speed from 0.50um/s to 0.63um/s

I hope this yields better results.
I gave it a go for a few tapes just now, but realized I was a few versions ahead allready myself, so I inserted your mb1+mb2 settings onto my preset and changed the azimuth and autoeq %.
The +4dB on the 4th band in mb2 was a bit fatiguing on good tapes and a bit hissy on the bad with generations of Dolby C, so I took it down a notch. Otherwise it was an improvement :)
As you can hear I changed the density a good bit overall because the bass was lacking on the low energy tapes, and now I also kicked the drive of the bassclipper up by 1,5dB, so now there's a pleasant soft skate-ramp feel to the spectra and my subwoofer is doing some work on all the tapes. I still have to try it out on many locations to be sure, but I'm quite pleased with the width of damage this preset can swallow and still sound OK.

Added my latest fiddle right here: (The naming of this is beginning to get humorous :D)

Edit: Not sure about the 75% on the autoeq after all, it can up 18dB of treble...that is a LOT, and I'm also using a Fabfilter ProMB right before Stereotool to expand the lowest sub and highest treble so that if there is no sound below a threshold they are lowered by 30dB, with a very soft attack and release. Stereotool is really missing such a function for bad sources. The multiband noisegate is too limited for this.
Also noticed that the Advanced limiter was working hard sometimes, so i turned on oversampling just to be sure no uglyness leaks through.

Attachments:
StudioOne_v01.74-HD_Default (Dnz2Dbt Tape 7Core Render v4 + 8trackKidMod).sts [159.08 KiB]
Downloaded 173 times

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:35 am 

New version 1.94. It's totaly different xover on MB1, so i needed some time to adapt it to original sounding and make it possible better, and i think it is. Few changes everywhere.
Posting 'default' version for now - still need to check boosted one. Want to make boosted version little different, fast and super consistent, but still clean and nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:01 am 

Why does this preset use a high percentage of CPU?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:19 am 

Quote:
New version 1.94. It's totaly different xover on MB1, so i needed some time to adapt it to original sounding and make it possible better, and i think it is. Few changes everywhere.
Posting 'default' version for now - still need to check boosted one. Want to make boosted version little different, fast and super consistent, but still clean and nice.
My god! Hands down the best hifi-preset I've heard so far. Bojcha FTW! :)
I really like what you've done to the upper midrange. So silky smooth.

I've made my tape render mod of this preset too, included right here.
It's intended to use as many cores as possible in offline mode, rendering to disk, so if you want to broadcast with it, you probably have to modify both CPU section and declipper.
To make .sts file smaller: Reset Analysis Data in Dehummer.

Attachments:
StudioOne_v01.94-HD-default (Dnz2Dbt Tape Renderer).sts [160.21 KiB]
Downloaded 215 times

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:17 am 

Quote:
Bojcha, this sounds absolutely amazing! You are a genius, sir!

You requested that we ask you about the proper way to make changes, right? If I wanted to lower or increase the volume a bit, how should this be done? I seem to remember you mentioned to increase MB2's drive in another thread...Is this correct?

Thanks again for the great and hard work you do!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:35 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Bojcha, this sounds absolutely amazing! You are a genius, sir!

You requested that we ask you about the proper way to make changes, right? If I wanted to lower or increase the volume a bit, how should this be done? I seem to remember you mentioned to increase MB2's drive in another thread...Is this correct?

Thanks again for the great and hard work you do!
Yes, 2 ways, output level of MB1 or just clipper drive, what you prefer more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:12 pm 

@Bojcha: You ask to use the 9.64 version with your latest StudioOne preset, can you send me a link to 9.64 standalone 32 and 64 bits? I can't find it, thank you...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:26 pm 

Quote:
@Bojcha: You ask to use the 9.64 version with your latest StudioOne preset, can you send me a link to 9.64 standalone 32 and 64 bits? I can't find it, thank you...
Ah.. you can use latest version.. just go to agc and set "remove remaining peeks above" to 500%. just discovered that last night. bugged.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1524 Next