All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: 3 band problem
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:09 am 

Attachment:
3 Band Problem v0.06.sts [452.87 KiB]
Downloaded 102 times
Only 3 band preset. Natural and open.
Always wanted to make 3 and 4 bands preset pulling maximum from it and keep all as simple as possible. 4Bands will come later.
Attachment:
3 Band Problem v0.09.sts [438.99 KiB]
Downloaded 129 times
Fixed few more things, should be more stable.

Post subject: Re: 3 band problem
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:20 am 

Natural and good sound, on air in my station… it’s less fatiguing to the ears. Good job Bojcha!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:01 am 

Very good for slow computers. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:13 am 

pure natural really congratulations on the work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 pm 

Hello Bojcha, this sounds great. Basically invisible. It just gives the music more energy. However, with dance music especially, the loud bits are quieter than the quiet bits. You can see it in the output levels, which drop a good few dBs during sections with drums, bass etc, compared to 'breakdowns'. Is there any way around this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:18 am 

Quote:
Hello Bojcha, this sounds great. Basically invisible. It just gives the music more energy. However, with dance music especially, the loud bits are quieter than the quiet bits. You can see it in the output levels, which drop a good few dBs during sections with drums, bass etc, compared to 'breakdowns'. Is there any way around this?
Strange, because it should be opposite, do you have some good example?
And if it's due AGC, then nothing can be done.
I made it to be open so 'Deep House' for example will def not sound good. I put as much as possible bass there, but anyways other sounds will rise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:56 pm 

This tune is a good example (please no judging of my music tastes! ;-)).

https://open.spotify.com/track/6oWI8Dqm ... a674a94d35

When measured using the VU meter in Audio Hijack...

The intro beats peak around -1dB

Then the breakdown hits 0dB (and exceeds it at one point)

Then when the beats and bass kick back in, it drops to -3dB or lower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm 

... I have tried it in both the latest 'released' version of ST (the one the website download link takes you to), and the latest Beta (10.31 I think)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:19 pm 

Quote:
This tune is a good example (please no judging of my music tastes! ;-)).
https://open.spotify.com/track/6oWI8Dqm ... a674a94d35
When measured using the VU meter in Audio Hijack...
The intro beats peak around -1dB
Then the breakdown hits 0dB (and exceeds it at one point)
Then when the beats and bass kick back in, it drops to -3dB or lower
Lol, ok i found track
- You are measuring true peak, right? Did you load HD signal settings? there is one thing there that might help. Also postamp is set to -1.1, but just sometimes can jump over that by 0.1 0.2, but NEVER to 0 or over.
- -3dB at such dense track is pretty normal. Processing works on loudness not on peaks, to maintain desired loudness level, in this case around -10lufs. But you can always rise loudness by 2dB and it will probably always peak at 0 (-1)
Anyways don't look peaks too much, question is, is it ok on ear.
yes, AGC know to make that softER parts louder annd louder parts softer, but really there is no way to solve that. Or if there is, i want to know it.
Try also v0.09, i tried to add more stability overall. Be sure to load HD Settings

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2j856zat ... .flac/file

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am 

Quote:
It can sometimes happen with a dynamic normalizer on TV's and even realtek's audio which is fine through headphones but incredibly noticeable on Tv, speakers or in car. The way I normally try and "quick fix" correct it is going to 'Advanced clipper' > 'Highs' > 'Also protect bass' ON > 'Max bass freq' = 150hz. Also leifs highs gap protection = 5 may help. If that doesn't work then the preset is just made like that could be too long an attack time (OVER 80ms) or too short or way too long a release time (UNDER 200m/s or OVER 2900 m/s & 8.7 db/s).

Most commercial stations here in the uk have a smashed but very stable sound especially with voice but if you listen to the variety of certain BBC stations there is a little bit of up and down with the meters for example on BBC R2 the lows are not as easily audible when they play occasionally orchestral sounding tracks probably because they turn the agc off but always keep compressor/limiter on. OR in the case of BBC R1 they do not change their agc or compressor settings no matter what track is played, this is why for normal pop tracks it's very stable however when they played chilled tracks there is a little breathy rise in audio or when the play heavy metal hardcore rock show, there is like a 2, 3db drop in volume during certain tracks.

Just a few observations but hope this helps :idea: