All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:34 pm 

Hey Hans,

Under Basstardizer you can choose the legacy bass boost mode which i prefer. Only thing that i'd like to try is this:

The first slider at frequencies says: "Maximum boost from 0 up to ... Hz.
I'd like to make that 0 Hz adjustable. So i can boost for example from 60 to 90 Hz or 80 to 90 Hz. Now even the very low bass is boosted too and that makes a rumbling sound .
For testing i tried to adjust the highpass Bandpass filter to 50 or even 60 Hz and the sound is much cleaner in the bass.

Can you / will you implement this, or something like this in a new Beta?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:45 pm 

Quote:
Hey Hans,

Under Basstardizer you can choose the legacy bass boost mode which i prefer. Only thing that i'd like to try is this:

The first slider at frequencies says: "Maximum boost from 0 up to ... Hz.
I'd like to make that 0 Hz adjustable. So i can boost for example from 60 to 90 Hz or 80 to 90 Hz. Now even the very low bass is boosted too and that makes a rumbling sound .
For testing i tried to adjust the highpass Bandpass filter to 50 or even 60 Hz and the sound is much cleaner in the bass.

Can you / will you implement this, or something like this in a new Beta?

Thank you!
i dont typically have this "rumbling" issue concerning low audio frequencies between 20Hz and 40Hz but then again, thats because i am not really making a valiant attempt to try and boost/AGC these frequencies if they simply are not in the audio content or are barely audible to begin with.
attempting to boost/AGC too much of these lower frequencies when they dont exist or are barely audible is what typically causes the "rumbling" issue along with additional artifacts and distortion.
in your case, you could use the HPF to notch the lower frequencies below 50Hz or 60hz to eliminate the problem you are having but if the content is music, it does not make sense to do this (unless you are AM/SW b'cast), i assume the content is "talk".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 am 

Sorry for late reply...

My problem is that bass boost from 0 to for example 100 Hz boosts everything from 0 to 100 Hz.

In tracks which already have much 30-50 Hz present, i do not want to boost them. In fact, i don't want to boost the very low frequencies at all. What i want to do is only boost a specific part of frequencies, for example 70 - 80 Hz or 80 - 85 Hz. Therefore, the 0 Hz should be configurable, but it is'nt. Just to give that little bit of extra punch, that bit of power to the bass.