All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ST freezing up on Mac
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm 

I am running MegaSeg Pro automation software and Stereo Tool on a 2012 iMac with Mojave. Both are on the same computer.

I have noted once in a while Stereo Tool will lock up and a noise is played. The only way to stop it and get it to work again is to shut down the computer and start both the automation software and ST again.

Anyone else having this problem? Would I be better off using stand alone computers for each program instead and would it eliminate this problem?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:10 am 

Is this the VST plugin or standalone? And in the latter case, how do you route your audio to ST?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:44 pm 

No plug in. Using Loopback for Mac to feed the audio to ST. It's strange. It will run fine for weeks and then it froze up twice within a week. Oddly enough it happened three times total and each time it was in the late morning. Now it has been running perfectly for a month with no issues. Maybe it is something else in the computer that is causing the problem? Since it happened about the same time each time, that may be the result of another program or utility doing something in the background that negatively impacted ST.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 am 

Yes, I would expect something else causing the issue. First of all because "noise" does not sound to me like something that Stereo Tool could cause. And secondly, there is nothing that Stereo Tool could possibly do to your system so that it requires a reboot to function again...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:41 pm 

Quote:
Yes, I would expect something else causing the issue. First of all because "noise" does not sound to me like something that Stereo Tool could cause. And secondly, there is nothing that Stereo Tool could possibly do to your system so that it requires a reboot to function again...
Correct. A reboot each time solved the problem. At least now it has run for more than a month without incident.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:11 pm 

Sounds like "Core Audio" is crashing. It happends, not much to do about it until a stable one is released from Apple.

Regards,

MrDonT

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:56 pm 

Hijacking the thread... testing ST 9.50 on a Mac mini, 2012, running Sierra 10.12. Standalone, Core Audio. So far, running smooth.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm 

Well I spoke a little too soon... ST runs for a little while then stops and (at least once?) rebooted the computer? Could of course be operator error (mine). Will likely upgrade to Catalina if the old Mac mini allows it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool cannot reboot the computer. But a driver/OS bug could, and Stereo Tool could be triggering it somehow. Which OS X version are you using? We've heard about issues with 10.13.6, which appears to be very unstable. Later versions should be fine.