All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 917 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
It was on the previous beta 012, I had chosen the preset

CPU [ 4 processing cores, optimized for latency ] and No heavy CPU processing activated
Ok but did that work less well (without "No heavy CPU") than before?

Btw the Delossifier issue is fixed now. (Next build).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:55 pm 

With the "No heavy CPU processing" function I gain three percent on the activity of each core. :)

no other anomalies were found

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

BETA017 is available!

Now with new Linux version with various fixes (among others in responding to executable file name) and built-in MicroMPX encoder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:01 pm 

Hi Hans =-)

Glad to see there are some linux beta versions =-) Thank You!

I have downloaded the /home/broadcast/Desktop/stereo_tool_jack_gui_64_BETA932-017 . I am having an issue with Stereotool not seeing jack at all. But only on the beta version. Jack is seeing the beta as is show up in Qjackctl. Stereotool ins't seeing jack :cry:

Kindest Regards,
Thomas E.
Burlington, Vermont

Attachments:
File comment: Beta
beta.png
beta.png [ 237.97 KiB | Viewed 4180 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:35 am 

Let me ask you a stupid question Hans: Why aren't all these channels in the post above me displayed as input or output signals in all the VST versions? :roll: I see here only one stereo input pair and one output pair. But technically there are much more possibilities. Why don't you finally make them fully available in the VST version? I've asked you this question more than once, and you couldn't really explain every time why many of them can only be connected via a virtual audio cable or a real sound device. And now that I see this picture, I personally ask myself again why VST users don't get the full scope of the possibilities. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 am 

Quote:
BETA017 is available!

Now with new Linux version with various fixes (among others in responding to executable file name) and built-in MicroMPX encoder.
Window 10 64 bit, (1809). ST Stand Alone 64 bit version.

Has anyone else experiencing issues with audio being sourced from ASIO devices?
I am seeing ST open/close the ASIO audio device I/O and after around 10-15 seconds complains about no audio being heard.

I missed trying Beta 012, which I rolled back to and has the same thing, however if I roll back to Beta 009 it is fine (other than the issues Beta 009 had)?

Thanks

Rossco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 am 
Site Admin

@TRM0869
I think I found the cause. I tested that it worked, but I made some changes afterwards in the (Windows) code that seem to have affected the Linux Jack code as well. Testing now, if it works again I will run a new build.
Edit: Yes, fixed.

@near05
What would you do with this is if was available? More importantly, which VST hosts would support this? Most people run Stereo Tool in a playout system for example, and I don't think any of those support this (although I haven't checked that).

@livewireaus
I don't know what you're seeing. What is the exact message that you're seeing? I just tested the ASIO code I/O here and I'm getting a normal input signal. We did recently add a warning if you're using an input sound card that doesn't seem to contain any audio, because some people were doing thngs like running the Stereo Tool stand alone version and running Winamp next to it and then didn't understand why the audio wasn't being processed. So we added a warning if there's near-silence coming in for over 60 seconds - is that what you're seeing? If so, then are you playing silence? Because then it still makes sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 am 

Quote:
What would you do with this is if was available? More importantly, which VST hosts would support this? Most people run Stereo Tool in a playout system for example, and I don't think any of those support this (although I haven't checked that).
I'd like to use it to automate things. I can do that with thousands of input parameters. But (unfortunately) I can't get to the additional functions like the BIMP. I don't even see it in the VST version. Is this intended in such a way that it is not available at all? :roll: But it would be great, for example, if you had it available somehow.

I read here in the forum that there are also some mastering engineers who use your software to improve the signals. They use complex DAW software that allows routing. At the moment there is nothing to route here, because certain channels are not given to the outside at all.

Please remember that there are also people who don't come exclusively from the radio and work with your tools. And there are much more possibilities available here. :|

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 pm 

Hans,

Thank you for looking into this for me. I look forward to the new build ;)

Kindest Regards,
Thomas E.
Burlington, Vermont

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'd like to use it to automate things. I can do that with thousands of input parameters. But (unfortunately) I can't get to the additional functions like the BIMP. I don't even see it in the VST version. Is this intended in such a way that it is not available at all? :roll: But it would be great, for example, if you had it available somehow.
Agree with The BIMP, and that's something that I do want to add (also as a separate sound card input so you can talk through your broadcast from any playout system, even if that playout system doesn't support any microphone input).

But that's the only thing that seems useful? Besides for The BIMP, the 2nd input can only be used for backup, RDS or SCA input. That doesn't seem particularly useful. Similarly, the other outputs can be used for FM, streaming and low latency - I'm not sure that that's useful either.

But yet, The BIMP does need to be added, I agree about that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 917 Next