All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 am 

Quote:
I do not know if this idea was submitted, but I think it would be nice to have a "general" slider under the attack, release, threshold, limiting and clipping settings, which would allow to raise or lower all the bands in same time, on the same scale to keep the proportions.
The multiband compressors already have an attack and release multiplier, a drive and a density setting. This can be used to adjust all bands at the same time while keeping proportions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:25 pm 

Is it an idea to add a silence detector which can send mails or open up programs/ shell commands? Maybe as an option for the WatchCat... Not necessary for me, but can be a good option to add. Or maybe also a connection detector in the MicroMPX client, which does the same as mentioned, but then when the connection between ST/MicroMPX sender failes?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:31 pm 

Quote:
Is it an idea to add a silence detector which can send mails or open up programs/ shell commands? Maybe as an option for the WatchCat... Not necessary for me, but can be a good option to add. Or maybe also a connection detector in the MicroMPX client, which does the same as mentioned, but then when the connection between ST/MicroMPX sender failes?
MicroMPX has an on-board backup player that can play an MPX file in case the connection drops away. MicroMPX 2 (now in beta) can also generate a file to indicate that the stream has dropped away. This file can be watched from another process/script to do something when it appears. Executing other programs or shell commands directly turned out to be too much of a security risk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:09 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
MicroMPX has an on-board backup player that can play an MPX file in case the connection drops away. MicroMPX 2 (now in beta) can also generate a file to indicate that the stream has dropped away. This file can be watched from another process/script to do something when it appears. Executing other programs or shell commands directly turned out to be too much of a security risk.
Thanks! Currently I'm only using StereoTool which generates the MPX-signal for me, but I am going to use MicroMPX in a few months for our station. Right now, I'm using ParaCZ Silence Detector, but if StereoTool could have a built-in silence detector, I would use that one in the future...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I do not know if this idea was submitted, but I think it would be nice to have a "general" slider under the attack, release, threshold, limiting and clipping settings, which would allow to raise or lower all the bands in same time, on the same scale to keep the proportions.
The multiband compressors already have an attack and release multiplier, a drive and a density setting. This can be used to adjust all bands at the same time while keeping proportions.
Except it does not control MaxAttack and MaxRelease.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
But nothing for thresholds.
And I think this option is more convenient if it is displayed in the attacks, releases, etc ... sections.
And the multiplier function does this only in a scale of x0.10 to x10.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:11 pm 

Try the new mouse behavior. It's really quick to set those bands to roughly the same value, now that clicking them sets them to the mouse position.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am 

In fact I do not want to set those bands quickly and easily at the same values. I would like to lower or raise the values ​​of all the bands at the same time, and that these bands keep the same gap between them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:53 am 

Why are values of sliders position changed? Now is even worse.
This is now -6dB. Erlier was much logical position.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 am 

I found another important bug. Apparently the phase delay is broken from some version on (unfortunately I don't know which one). If you use this in your own preset or activate it in one of the included presets, the overtones will cause unwanted noise. One can observe this quite well on the frequency analysis.

To understand this, it is best to use one of the Dutch Mouse presets, then switch the phase delay on and off once. Especially with pieces of music that don't have a rythm, you notice very clearly that additional noise is added.

Addition: This behavior also occurs in version 9.23.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next